FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am looking to purchase a suppressor from Silencer Shop in the next few weeks and I am a total noob to Suppressors. I own the Scar 16, Scar 17 and Sig 516 (5.56) and I would like to know what is the best suppressor I can purchase to use on all 3 rifles if I needed to. Also if i can get the complete list of accessories that I would need to buy in order to make it work on all 3 that would be fantastic!

Thanks much.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Saker 762. You will need the flash hider QD mount for the Scars and you can choose the brake or the FH for the Sig I think.

also call silencer shop. They won't steer you wrong and have a mountain of knowledge on all things supressor.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys! now i do also own a bolt action rifle, Tikka T3, would that require a completely diff suppressor?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thanks Guys! now i do also own a bolt action rifle, Tikka T3, would that require a completely diff suppressor?
Not if it has a threaded barrel. All you would need is the quick connect flash hider mounted and it would be good to go, assuming it is .308 or smaller caliber. AAC also makes the SDN7.62 they would be nice.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Tikka is a 308 and doesnt have a threaded barrel. So sounds like the Sakor 762 would work on all 4 with the right accessories, correct?

·
Registered
502 Posts
To use it on your Tikka you would need to have the barrel threaded. Most gunsmiths can do it and it runs around $100 or a bit more. Then you can attach a flash hider to that rifle that would connect to your suppressor. In regards to suppressors you pay a premium for light weight and quick connecting (this is can be proprietary with the suppressor manufacturer)- otherwise they thread on.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Sweet this is all good news. Lastly what is the average life span of a suppressor?
Silincershop just reported here that they have been unable to kill their Saker. They have shot many thousands of rounds through and a lot of full auto too and it just won't die. So you're good to go. I can't see us regular folk being able to wear it out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Jeremy,
I am waiting for my trust to be setup hopefully by this week. I would like to get in touch with you so i can get everything i need for my requirements. Is there a best way to reach you?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
The best way is to just call the store and ask for me. If I'm on the phone have them take your number and I'll call you back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts