FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am looking to purchase a suppressor from Silencer Shop in the next few weeks and I am a total noob to Suppressors. I own the Scar 16, Scar 17 and Sig 516 (5.56) and I would like to know what is the best suppressor I can purchase to use on all 3 rifles if I needed to. Also if i can get the complete list of accessories that I would need to buy in order to make it work on all 3 that would be fantastic!

Thanks much.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Saker 762. You will need the flash hider QD mount for the Scars and you can choose the brake or the FH for the Sig I think.

also call silencer shop. They won't steer you wrong and have a mountain of knowledge on all things supressor.

·
Registered
550 Posts
To use it on your Tikka you would need to have the barrel threaded. Most gunsmiths can do it and it runs around $100 or a bit more. Then you can attach a flash hider to that rifle that would connect to your suppressor. In regards to suppressors you pay a premium for light weight and quick connecting (this is can be proprietary with the suppressor manufacturer)- otherwise they thread on.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Sweet this is all good news. Lastly what is the average life span of a suppressor?
Silincershop just reported here that they have been unable to kill their Saker. They have shot many thousands of rounds through and a lot of full auto too and it just won't die. So you're good to go. I can't see us regular folk being able to wear it out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Jeremy,
I am waiting for my trust to be setup hopefully by this week. I would like to get in touch with you so i can get everything i need for my requirements. Is there a best way to reach you?
Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.