FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, going to finally get the 17s in the next few days, so I am out glass shopping, of course. Fell in love with the Leopold AR standard reticle with the green fire dot, however it is drop compensated for .223, so I need some help. I am looking for good glass in the sub $1k range, something around a 3-9x40 for elk and deer hunting. I really prefer the green dot more than anything, not fully illuminated reticles, but I need some recommendations for what other scopes out there have some good reports with the 17s for hunting.

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Trijicon 3-9X40 accupoint. Green dot. Sub 1,000 and clear as a bell. Would reccomend 100Xs over. Mines on my 16 but it started its life on my 17 and did a wonderful job. Nailed a soda can at 450 yards with it.

Reactions: byoung and Kev

·
Registered
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oooh nice TJV, I have been looking for that. Not sure why there aren't more options, going to have to hit Cabelas today and do a side by side agains the Triji and see what the pros and cons are. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found that Cabela's is running a sale through this weekend, another $100 off the VX-r with the green FireDot. BDC for 168gr .308. I may have to jump on that one. My 17s gets here on Tuesday, it would be nice to have glass waiting for it, now to figure out the best mount options. Man it's like waiting for Christmas morning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.