FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been really beefing up my knife collection lately and am looking for one of my grail knives that is no longer made, the microtech halo single edge tanto all black. If any one comes across a new or used one please help me out. Thanks

·
Registered
743 Posts
This whole quarantine has grown my knife collection as well. Can only find the contoured blade in black. No tanto

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
DLT trading has a tanto but it’s the higher end version. I haven’t been able to locate the exact color you’re looking for. That’s quite an expensive pocket knife. I’ve spent 4-500$ on pocket knives before but never 800+. If I could ask what makes it worth that much? The rarity? I’ve got very nice OTF made by benchmade and I can tell you first hand that getting any debris in works is catastrophic. Correct me If I’m wrong but Microtechs have the same issue.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DLT trading has a tanto but it’s the higher end version. I haven’t been able to locate the exact color you’re looking for. That’s quite an expensive pocket knife. I’ve spent 4-500$ on pocket knives before but never 800+. If I could ask what makes it worth that much? The rarity? I’ve got very nice OTF made by benchmade and I can tell you first hand that getting any debris in works is catastrophic. Correct me If I’m wrong but Microtechs have the same issue.
Personally none of my microtechs have ever failed on me. This would be my most expensive knife purchase yes but it's worth it because I've wanted for many years since the first time seeing it in that show 24 with Jack bower. Also if you were to ever hold one and fire it you would love it. I could have bought the one I want last year at a knife shop near me called southern edges and wish I would have now. It was $40 more than the normal ones because of a high end specail coating I didnt care about so I backed out. Not having time to go to the range and being in quarantine has reunited me with my love of blades.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and I could have gotten that one last year for about $650. I dont want to settle until I find the exact one I want either when spending that kind of money

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
I understand man. I have bought a handful of blades in the last few months. Ranging from $140- $700. Being bored and quarantined sucks. It’s funny I have been looking at a Microtech combat troodon for 10 years. Still on the edge about it. How do they handle debris in the action? I’ve already F’d up two OTF knives with the introduction of beach sand (accident).

Reactions: sldcountry

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
You know what? You’re right F it you only live once. I just put the D/E serrated combat troodon on order. Over ten years of wanting why the hell not? I watched a bunch of reviews over time and it seems to be worth every penny of half a grand. Can’t wait to check it when I can unite with it. Sld I wish you the best in your search for the Halo. I look forward to the review, I know you will find it. Check ideal blasting I can’t vouch for them but they say they have two tantos in stock.

Reactions: sldcountry

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Post a pic of that combat troodon when you get it and I promise you there will be no regrets! You are going to love it. Everytime I buy a microtech I cringe but never regret it. Also I use almost all my knives only have a couple in the collection that are safe queens. I rarely have to dress up but when I wear a suit or tux I have a few high end "gentleman's knives" I carry

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Will do brother. Nab that Halo!

·
Registered
743 Posts
That spring on the combat troodon is no joke. I can open and close 5-6 times in a row before I need more wheaties Seems to break in and ease up a little. Or my right thumb is getting stronger

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Personally none of my microtechs have ever failed on me. This would be my most expensive knife purchase yes but it's worth it because I've wanted for many years since the first time seeing it in that show 24 with Jack bower. Also if you were to ever hold one and fire it you would love it. I could have bought the one I want last year at a knife shop near me called southern edges and wish I would have now. It was $40 more than the normal ones because of a high end specail coating I didnt care about so I backed out. Not having time to go to the range and being in quarantine has reunited me with my love of blades.
I don't remember that particular knife from 24. The one I do remember is a Combat Troodon red handle and Warncliffe black blade. I have searched ever since then for one with no joy. Here are the ones I have managed to accumulate over the years.

Microtechs.jpg

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't remember that particular knife from 24. The one I do remember is a Combat Troodon red handle and Warncliffe black blade. I have searched ever since then for one with no joy. Here are the ones I have managed to accumulate over the years.

View attachment 135633
Back of a limo and Jack takes it off the bad guy and says why would a business man have a microtech halo....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts