FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a new guy here, got my wife a Daly HP a while back and really like it when she lets me shoot it :D

My question, though, is about a used gun I recently got. It's an FN with Argentine stamps. It says "FN (not FM) Browning" on the slide and has an "N" with the star over it. On the other side, it's got DGMA dot-stamped on it, and has an import stamp from Georgia.

So, is this a Belgian made HP that was sent to Argentina? Or was it made in Argentina?

I love the gun, it came with Hi-Viz three dot sights, three 13 round mags, and Pachmayr wrap around grips. It shoots accurately, yesterday I had it keeping in 2" out to seven yards and mostly within 8" at 15 yards freehand. For me, that's among the best sessions I've had with any of my handguns.

Thanks in advance, any info or thoughts are welcome.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like you may have a Belgian-made Argentine contract pistol. Most of the ones that I have seen have 1) the Argentine crest across the top of the slide in front of the rear sight, 2) are marked on the frame just below the slide for the Buenos Aires PD, Internal Security Division, and 3) have the internal extractor as opposed to the external from the early 70's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cliff47,

Thanks for the info. It has an external extractor, ring hammer, no crest, no PD markings, just "FN Browning" on one side and DGMA on the other. and the N with a star over it on the right side of the slide near the hammer. Here's a picture of it. I hope it's not too large for the website, I think I got it right (new at posting pictures).

Well I can't get the picture to load :lol:

I'll try again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Shipwreck, I followed the steps, but had the URL code wrong. Got it right now. Quick work, sir, thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The "DGMA" stamp would indicate an Argentine-made Hi-Power (FM), and if I read your picture accurately, it looks like an early FM production done on the FN machinery. Looks also like you have had some post-production enhancements (front/rear sights, commander-style hammer and the Pachmyer grips).

Later "FM" Hi-Powers (M90 and M95) have a 1911-style slide (no step near the muzzle). The earliest "FM" Hi-Powers were those that were used in the Falklands dustup a few years back. I'd say you have a very decent shooter for a first Hi-Power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts