FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like you may have a Belgian-made Argentine contract pistol. Most of the ones that I have seen have 1) the Argentine crest across the top of the slide in front of the rear sight, 2) are marked on the frame just below the slide for the Buenos Aires PD, Internal Security Division, and 3) have the internal extractor as opposed to the external from the early 70's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The "DGMA" stamp would indicate an Argentine-made Hi-Power (FM), and if I read your picture accurately, it looks like an early FM production done on the FN machinery. Looks also like you have had some post-production enhancements (front/rear sights, commander-style hammer and the Pachmyer grips).

Later "FM" Hi-Powers (M90 and M95) have a 1911-style slide (no step near the muzzle). The earliest "FM" Hi-Powers were those that were used in the Falklands dustup a few years back. I'd say you have a very decent shooter for a first Hi-Power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.