FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in the process of waiting for my stamp to come in on my PS90, so logically I've been considering what my next stamp will be. I had settled on either the gem-tech G5 or G5-T with a quick mount to go with my PS90. I jumped the gun a little and ordered the gem-tech's quick mount for the PS90 while they have them in stock. Then while discussing my decision with a local gun smith he was telling me that every quick mount gem-tech he's ever seen eventually loosens up and will baffle strike. At first I thought he was talking about the mount coming loose from the barrel, but he made it pretty clear that he was talking about the can mounting loosely to the quick mount. Usually I take blanket comments like this with a grain of salt, however this guy is a gem-tech dealer so it got me wondering how much truth there is in that statement. Has anyone had issues with the G5 quick mounts? Or read of loose quick mount issues that they could link me to?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have a G5 with the Gemtech ps90 mount. The suppressor when mounted seems as though there is no way that it would back off of the mount. I am extremely satisfied with the setup and I highly recommend it. I also really like how the mount looks on the rifle. So far the combo has been flawless for me. Very surprised to hear a dealer make what seems like a ridiculous generalization.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts