FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new pair of boots IAW Army Regulations. I was thinking about going the traditional route but thought I would test the waters with a new brand; I have used the GI Belleville type. What are your suggestions as I am looking for something light but will also hold up and not fall apart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wear the Nike Special Field and Garmont T8. The Nikes are extremely light with a thin flexible sole like a running shoe, they're great for garrison and ruck marches. With the thin sole though you can feel every branch and rock you step on out in the field.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Salt, you can't go wrong with Danner, Belleville or Bates. I received to weeks ago the Tactical Research by Belleville (Brown & Multicam) as well as the Danner Melee boot in multicam. If you have a narrow foot or high arch I would stay away Danner as they are designed more for no arch and a flat, wide foot. I spent several weeks on the phone with each company's reps. They all source material from the same vendor so it boils down to how much you want to pay and what name you want on the tag. 30 day free trial if boots are not excessively over worn when returned and ordered direct from the manufacturer. I am trying both and will send back what I don't want. Good luck.

I am looking for a new pair of boots IAW Army Regulations. I was thinking about going the traditional route but thought I would test the waters with a new brand; I have used the GI Belleville type. What are your suggestions as I am looking for something light but will also hold up and not fall apart.

Regards,
BigBuckeyeGuy!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Salt, you can't go wrong with Danner, Belleville or Bates. I received to weeks ago the Tactical Research by Belleville (Brown & Multicam) as well as the Danner Melee boot in multicam. If you have a narrow foot or high arch I would stay away Danner as they are designed more for no arch and a flat, wide foot. I spent several weeks on the phone with each company's reps. They all source material from the same vendor so it boils down to how much you want to pay and what name you want on the tag. 30 day free trial if boots are not excessively over worn when returned and ordered direct from the manufacturer. I am trying both and will send back what I don't want. Good luck.

Regards,
BigBuckeyeGuy!
'Good point if that is consistent.

I'm in the high arch normal category and usually grab Merrell or Keen off the shelf due to the availability in larger hiking shops.

Thanks for the Belleville and Bates FYI tip.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Danner or Belleville I've used both since 2000 never an issue

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ive been wearing Original Swat boots for the past few years, its like walking on baby kittens.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I am also a big Danner fan, been wearing them since the 80's. I would stick to the stitched sole and stay away from the glued sole. In my experience the glued soles do not hold up nearly as well.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Tactical research boots fall apart, fast
Bellevilles an Danners are heavy

I went to Lowa, boots are well designed and last a long time
Have heard great things about Asolo and Merrell boots

·
Registered
517 Posts
i'd recommend these, if your not going for military style LOWA Boots USA / Renegade GTX® Mid

if your going for the military look LOWA Boots USA / Boot Catalog: Task Force/Military/Duty Boots

I have the Lowa Zephyr Desert. I like them a lot, but I'm on a lot of sharp rock and the treads wear more than other boots that I have had. Overall the boots have maintained their structure, not ripping, ungluing, etc., which is more than I can say for 90% of other boots out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts