FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here.. FNH is quality, value, and above all else, reliability.. I want to talk about the FNX 45.. Great firearm.. There is a lot to like. Personally, The weight is wonderful, as always, FNH does top notch checkering for amazing purchase.. Accurate, rugged, reliable, and easy to point.. The decoker on the safety is a wonderful feature, and one of the true selling points for me.. Great rounded hammer, with plenty of purchase.. 15 rounds of 45 acp is hard to beat.. Here is my only complaint with the firearm, and it's the thumb safety.. It is not oversized or aggressive enough for my taste.. I am not really able to hold the firearm with one hand and manipulate the safety reliably..Espically if I am wearing gloves..I understand an appreciate many of the smooth contours of the firearm, but would like to install a aftermarket safety, that will also not mess up the decocking function of the safety as well.. I prefer to be able to throw the safety off without having to wiggle my one hand shooting grip, it really does not help..In a two handed grip, I can easily take the safety off with the thumb of my support hand but I want my cake and I want to eat it too.. Any suggestions out there..?

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
Yeah, I've only seen one aftermarket safety lever, and it's no longer in production...at least from what I understand.

Hopefully something will come along someday.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Safety lever option(s) would be an improvement for sure. Only other thing I could ask for would be a shorter take-up trigger. Guess that's why we buy multiple platforms eh? But overall I very much enjoy my FNX45T!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
A few months ago I spoke with Jarod over this exact issue, being that this guy goes from a drawing to a bolt on part in like ten minutes, I thought he may be a great option for a project like this. He seemed to show interest in the idea. Give him a PM, let him know there is a market for this. Oversized and billet construction, would also cure the problem of the poly selectors breaking on some models.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hate for my first post here to be a dreaded "me too", but well, there it is. I've handled the FNX 45 and the T version, love 'em both and will be acquiring the standard 45 asap, but came here to find out more and see if this question was being addressed. Good to see! Since I will be moving from a 1911 platform with the large safety lever, this was an immediate concern.

Stay safe and be Blessed!

Scott

1 - 20 of 29 Posts