FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, trying to find the right option for a rear QD sling mount for my 17s. I just brought my SCAR home and have an Ares Armor sling with a QD on the front side rail and the strap running through the slot in the butt of the rifle. I would like to run a QD mount but wanted to check with you guys first. I saw the PMM (Parker Mountain Machine) mount and it looks like a decent deal...anything I am missing?

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Hey guys, trying to find the right option for a rear QD sling mount for my 17s. I just brought my SCAR home and have an Ares Armor sling with a QD on the front side rail and the strap running through the slot in the butt of the rifle. I would like to run a QD mount but wanted to check with you guys first. I saw the PMM (Parker Mountain Machine) mount and it looks like a decent deal...anything I am missing?
NorthanVandal, There several options out there, a few of them require the removal of small Flat head Allen bolts that strip easily. If you do a search you will find threads around here on that issue, I make my PMM mounts to fit seamlessly onto the existing SCAR sling plates with no modifications to the weapon installation does not require a gunsmith or armorer and there is not chance of damaging anything on the rifle.

If you have any question about my QD mounts please feel free to ask.
~Jrod.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jared is it possible to use the front QD mount on the rear hook? I like the lower profile of the front mount and since its smaller would lie to use it on the rear hook instead of using your larger purposed rear qd attachment.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Jared is it possible to use the front QD mount on the rear hook? I like the lower profile of the front mount and since its smaller would lie to use it on the rear hook instead of using your larger purposed rear qd attachment.
No sir, I Would need to add a fillet to the mounting caps to clear the round .375" hump on the rear of the SCAR behind the factory sling plate. I could easily add this to the machine program and for all intense and purposes it would make the Standard rear mount reversible also. Up until this point no one has asked about it so I did not think it was something anyone wanted.
~Jrod.

·
Registered
556 Posts
No sir, I Would need to add a fillet to the mounting caps to clear the round .375" hump on the rear of the SCAR behind the factory sling plate. I could easily add this to the machine program and for all intense and purposes it would make the Standard rear mount reversible also. Up until this point no one has asked about it so I did not think it was something anyone wanted.
~Jrod.
I think people would like the reversibility of such a device, with the added benefit of less metal making it lighter overall.

·
Registered
20 Posts
~Jrod.
Thanks jrod, is it possible to mount the front qd backwards on the rear hooks such that the qd hole faces towards the trigger? Thanks for the previous response as well. Great to see a vendor on the forums

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jarod at Parker Mountain has set the standard when it comes to shipping speed and outstanding customer service. I couldn't be happier with my mounts and experience ordering them!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just ordered from Jarod at PMM. Great customer service he answered his phone at 7pm on a Friday to refund me shipping costs by bundling two orders! Excellent vendor out there!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts