FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks!
use a YHM (I got from a guy named James on this fourm, who was very helpful, but can't find him now?) and use it for SCAR 16 and FS2000...but need new one for SCAR 17
any recommendations, much appreciated.
also, if someone can tell me of a contact in AZ that can convert one of my PS90s to a SBR, I'd really appreciate it.
thanks brothers!
be safe!
CJ

·
Registered
6,628 Posts

Get the saker and get it from the Silincershop.com

·
Registered
364 Posts
I was looking for one last night as well. I'm looking at the new Omega. Silencer Shop's article on the Scar 17 says the Specwar Trifecta FH will work on it. Any thoughts on it? It's a toss up between the versatile Saker or the Omega.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
SWR Specwar for me. Loving it so far, and it's great on 5.56 too. I haven't tried it on my 300blk yet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
THANKS to ALL of you...I'm inclined to try either the Saker or the AAC SDN6....got a lot of same input from some of my LE buddies and Gunsite friends. best price locally for the AAC SDN6 is $1050 which is higher than MSRP but at least I don't have to wait to buy it on top of the ATF wait of...forever.
:)
thanks again, guys! MUCH APPRECIATED!!
CJ in AZ

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey guys....those of you who shoot suppressed on the SCAR 17....what kind of change in MOA do you find when you take the can back off??!
I'm hearing some alarming stats from my friend (ballistics expert)....who is telling me it's not even worth getting a suppressor for the 17...(he has one and said he found it was over a 5MOA change, and not only in elevation but in windage.....so he thought it wasn't a heavy enough barrel on the 17 to make putting a suppressor worthwhile with those kind of changes needed to re-zero the rifle.
thoughts?comments? I trust this guy a ton...he helped me square away my SCAR 16 and we had no such issues suppressing that one...but he owns both the 16 & 17 and tells me to save my money and not suppress the 17.
thanks
CJ

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
hey guys....those of you who shoot suppressed on the SCAR 17....what kind of change in MOA do you find when you take the can back off??!
I'm hearing some alarming stats from my friend (ballistics expert)....who is telling me it's not even worth getting a suppressor for the 17...(he has one and said he found it was over a 5MOA change, and not only in elevation but in windage.....so he thought it wasn't a heavy enough barrel on the 17 to make putting a suppressor worthwhile with those kind of changes needed to re-zero the rifle.
thoughts?comments? I trust this guy a ton...he helped me square away my SCAR 16 and we had no such issues suppressing that one...but he owns both the 16 & 17 and tells me to save my money and not suppress the 17.
thanks
CJ
I need to do another range trip with mine but....my 17 has the YHM brake mount and I'm using a YHM M2 SS QD 7.62 (a heavy can at 25ozs). It's only been to the range one time since I got this can and zeroed without the can to shooting with it my POI change was maybe only an inch or two at the most at 100 yards. I've used my TBAC 30P-1 many times on my 17 and it had almost no POI change. Not saying your friend is completely wrong but he may need to re-examine his rifles setup. Most reports on this site on suppressed 17s are very positive and with the latest offerings of suppressors there is a great selection to choose from now. If I had it all to do over again right now I would probably by the new TBAC Ultra 7.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts