FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to locate and purchase a registered auto sear for my DSA SA58... and haven't seen any unless I'm over looking them. The only things I see are the auot sears for the FN FNC rifles, will those work in the FAL? The FNC is tempting to get the whole thing at $6500-$7500. If anyone could help me locate one I'd much appreciate it! Thanks guys --

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain you cannot put a FA sear in any DSA, since the reciever isn't cut for them.

Long ago, the importation/manufacture of sear cut receivers was allowed without registering them as machineguns as long as they didn't actually have the sear.

At some point it became illegal to make or import any sear cut receivers. The ones that were around at the time of this ruling are granfathered, but your DSA would not be one of them.

Sorry I don't remember the specifics, but I'm fairly sure I have the general idea right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would call ATF and request the info from them. Also get a copy shot gun news and contact the full auto dealers listed there.I would bet they can help you.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The FNC will not work on a FAL.

There aren't any registered sears for the FAL, the whole receiver is registered.

You're looking at around $14K for one, most of them are going to be Springfield Armory SAR-48's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts