FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Interestingly enough my father and I both ended up with new Ruger 10/22s lately. His is the target model, which has no iron sights. Mine is in the Archangel Nomad/Marauder stock. We are doing research on scopes and I figured you guys would have valuable input which would help. I've never bought a scope before so any advice would be appreciated. As far as the price goes, we are probably not aiming to spend more than a couple hundred, each. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
787 Posts
On my 10/22 Target, I have a Leupold VX-1 2-7x28 in gloss with FD reticle.

I don't have particularly deep expertise on optics - I got this one because of company reputation, "made in USA," rimfire parallax, and reasonable price. Works fine for my purposes, but I can't give you a comparison to any other models and brands.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
I went with the Weaver Grand Slam on mine.

10-22.jpg

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I just put a Leupold Rifleman 3-9x40 on a Marlin 60. It's sitting on high Redfield steel rings and was just under $240 for the whole setup. Extremely clear glass with great light transmission for the money. Like Quercus Max pointed out, it is made in the U.S.A. I've had great luck with Leupold and Nikon .

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Check out Natchez. They have Nikon 4x32 refurbished with full Nikon warranty for $79.95 or you can get the non-refurbished version for $109.95. Both versions are awesome and currently in stock.

The other option is a BSA Sweet 16 if you can find one, a good price is no more than $70. Don't forget the rings.

There is no need to buy anything stronger than that for a .22lr rifle.

I just put the Nikon (mentioned above) on a Magnum Research Magnum Lite (22lr on a 10/22 action) and couldn't be more pleased.

Check out this article below, it will explain it all and give you a good point of reference:

Compared: Rimfire Riflescopes from Sightron, Leupold, Burris, Weaver, Nikon, Simmons and Bushnell (2)

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Stay away from BSA. They are very spotty on whether you get a decent one or not. On 12x mine was nearly impossible to use.

The Weaver, Bushnell's would be good and the Leupold lower end scopes would probably be the best scope for them (Leupold makes some nice glass for the money)

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Truthfully, Just try out a $39 to $49 simmons at Walmart. I snagged one for my Ruger 10/22 and it worksperfectly. 3x or 9x should be fine as I doubt you would be shooting past 100yds. They hold zero and actully really work well. Unless you want to spend a small fortune on a 22LR ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts