FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A question for those that own the FN15: Does the FN15 have standard pins and holes so that you can put aftermarket stocks, triggers, uppers, and other things in?

Are you satisfied with your FN15? I'm looking into the 20" version. Does it feed well? Has anyone tried to use a bump stock on it? Do they have any weird modifications to prevent someone from turning it into a full auto rifle? I've been debating on getting the FN15, the Colt AR15A4, or putting the parts together for a 20" from Palmetto State Armoury.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
A question for those that own the FN15: Does the FN15 have standard pins and holes so that you can put aftermarket stocks, triggers, uppers, and other things in?
Yes.

Are you satisfied with your FN15?[/quot]

Yes

[quote I'm looking into the 20" version. Does it feed well? Has anyone tried to use a bump stock on it?
Don't know. I have the carbine.

Do they have any weird modifications to prevent someone from turning it into a full auto rifle?

Not that I can see. However this line of question is not wise to pursue.

I've been debating on getting the FN15, the Colt AR15A4, or putting the parts together for a 20" from Palmetto State Armoury.
It's probably cheaper to do it yourself if you have tools and know what to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that I can see. However this line of question is not wise to pursue.
Sorry about the confussion on that. My main concern was just if they did that cut away thing that colt does of the back part of the reciever. Or something weird that is not milspec. It's just weird and it might effect using aftermarket parts if I want to put some on.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Do you have any aftermarket parts in mind? Externally, you can swap everything out. Same with the internal. As far as I can tell, the only real difference between an M4/M16A2 and the FN15 Carbine/Rifle is the auto sear. Of course I don't have my old M16A2 to compare by, but a cursory look into the trigger mechanism and the interior doesn't show anything weird on the FN15 Carbine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.