FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an unusual problem, necessitating me to make some
quick cash. Wanting to buy my kids a pet—need to make about (800.00). wondering what people here would pay or there is a need for 5.7x28. On gunbroker it is going for 1$ per round. Thought I’d give the forum family a shot first.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When it starts chewing up everything and your the one who has to feed it and! then when it starts sh*tting and pissing everywhere in the house! Remember the advice ole LESTER tried to give you! lmfao!!!!
My buddy lester- he has the truth. Miss you buddy. Life has been crazy since I moved to Nashville.

but seriously. I’m gonna do this. Thinking I have 308, 223, 300bo I’m going to let go of—- in small batches.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Don't sell ammo J, just say NO!

The Lester he speak many truths, kids can quickly become (un)attached to pets once they realize there are actually obligations involved with ownership such as, regular feeding and walking which oddly enough are importante. Of course there's bathing and grooming sometimes as importante as that whole feeding and walking thing depending on breed. I did forget to mention watering, 4-legged critters need watering as much as us 2-legged critters do maybe more. And of course you know who ends up dealing with these obligations, dontcha Bro!?

If we can no talk sense to'ya do seriously consider adopting from a shelter. There are some awesome aminals in shelters who could use a good home. You could also use some parental psychology on your kids when you take them to the shelter with you, telling them these poor dogs and cats were once owned by kids who only played with them never taking care of them and now they're only a few days away from being put to sleep. I have a buddy who used that psychology when his daughter wanted a kitten, worked out quite well even providing background for a school show & tell.

Seriously though shelters are the way to go...

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Don’t buy them a cat! They are dirty sumbitches! Anything that sh*ts! In a box and covers it up can’t be trusted! lmfao!
Hey now, I've got 2 cats however they do live outside and do a yoeman's job of keeping unwanted pests out of my yard. I know this due to the decapitated heads of said unwanted pests being left at the backdoor. I have told them both numerous times I don't really need that kind of proof and I trust that they earn their weekly allowances...

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey now, I've got 2 cats however they do live outside and do a yoeman's job of keeping unwanted pests out of my yard. I know this due to the decapitated heads of said unwanted pests being left at the backdoor. I have told them both numerous times I don't really need that kind of proof and I trust that they earn their weekly allowances...
That’s awesome!! Yeah I’m trying to get a main coon cat—- like mini tiger version. My kids are dying for a pet— now that I live in Tennessee- can get something hairy

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't sell ammo J, just say NO!

The Lester he speak many truths, kids can quickly become (un)attached to pets once they realize there are actually obligations involved with ownership such as, regular feeding and walking which oddly enough are importante. Of course there's bathing and grooming sometimes as importante as that whole feeding and walking thing depending on breed. I did forget to mention watering, 4-legged critters need watering as much as us 2-legged critters do maybe more. And of course you know who ends up dealing with these obligations, dontcha Bro!?

If we can no talk sense to'ya do seriously consider adopting from a shelter. There are some awesome aminals in shelters who could use a good home. You could also use some parental psychology on your kids when you take them to the shelter with you, telling them these poor dogs and cats were once owned by kids who only played with them never taking care of them and now they're only a few days away from being put to sleep. I have a buddy who used that psychology when his daughter wanted a kitten, worked out quite well even providing background for a school show & tell.

Seriously though shelters are the way to go...
I’m looking into it- actually. But wanted a main coon for their personality and size. Have a small dog- and father I. Law that can be cranky- but would love something affectionate.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don’t buy them a cat! They are dirty sumbitches! Anything that sh*ts! In a box and covers it up can’t be trusted! lmfao!
I have heard— anything g that bleeds for a week should t be trusted— so far she has been good for our family- 😂😂. Good thing my wife doesn’t read this forum.

·
Administrator
11,239 Posts
Back to loading and selling your loads. If you make ammo for sale, you need a FFL to do so.

You also open yourself to liability if there is a mishap and a gun explodes, so you need insurance.

Plus, you have to comply with local business laws.

Loading for a friend is one thing, loading for profit is another much harder thing to do.

·
Premium Member
13,516 Posts
Back to loading and selling your loads. If you make ammo for sale, you need a FFL to do so.

You also open yourself to liability if there is a mishap and a gun explodes, so you need insurance.

Plus, you have to comply with local business laws.

Loading for a friend is one thing, loading for profit is another much harder thing to do.
Did I miss something in this thread? :oops: where was loading and selling ammunition ever mentioned! lmao!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Each of the primers you would put in those cartridges has a street price now of at least 0
$0.25/unit. Word in the industry is we retail customers for primer (3rd market) aren't going to get real access to new stock until 2Q2021. By then the primers might be $1! Save them.

·
Administrator
11,239 Posts
Glad I have 50k stockpiled.....

@LESTER.....whether it might have been in error or not, I read the initial post as he was looking to make and sell ammo for some money to buy a pet and then from there on, it was mostly pet related.

Either way, both are covered now.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts