FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yep, better get yourself a boat Ship, no pun intended lol. What once was Gustav dumped over 8 inches of rain all the way up here in southern IL. Ike looks MUCH worse!

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm shooting at an outdoor range Saturday. Looks like I'll be having some fun while you guys are sitting tight, riding the storm out.

Hope you guys make it through with little to no harm to you, your families, or your property. Let's hope it isn't as bad as they think it'll be like Gustav :roll:

I'm glad I don't have to deal with hurricanes. I'll take my snow in Michigan. I like it. It's fun. Last time I checked, hurricanes generally weren't fun.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell, I've lived here since 1996. I prev ignored hurricanes in the 1990s - as I felt I was inland enough. They seem to be stronger lately, and I saw what Rita did pretty far inland. Hopefully it changes paths a little again...

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
According to this tracker...

http://www.stormpulse.com/

It's going run right over the top of me. I've been here since 1973. We rode out Alicia back in 1983. She came right over the top us. She was a lot smaller though.

I'm going to stick it out. I just hope we don't lose power. I've got lights but I would like to keep the A/C on.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Texas Armadillo said:
I've got lights but I would like to keep the A/C on.
Yes, I agree. It's moved a bit further east since last night - I hope it continues to do so. It may end up like Rita... It's sorta doing the same thing.

I'd have bought a generator a while back, but my wife is arguing with me and won't let me buy one.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I'm kind of surprised that there isn't more traffic. They are ordering evac of the coastal counties. Maybe things will stack up as people get off of work. We are closing tomorrow so I have to shut down all the servers and workstations tonight.

http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hey ship, you need to get a generator. I have a 7000 BTU Generator that powers the 2 Refer/freezers and the rest of the house. The only thing I can't run is the Washer and Dryer. Loosing all your freezer food during a power outage sucks.

Just a thought from a guy that lived in Guam, where the power went out for 2 weeks at a time.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I may just have to spend my gun money 1 day and buy one.

I told my wife that if I dod that and we need it, she's not going to be able to be in the room with the window A/C without paying me back for the generator. :lol:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Starting to look a little better for me - but Texas Armadillo is still gonna get it good. If this keeps up, it may follow Rita's path...

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Bring it on big daddy! TA has 2 packs of cigs, three cold coca-cola's, and a freshly washed bath towel to sop up the mess. 8)

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I'm on call for our disaster recovery stuff, but I'll be based out of the house for the duration of Ike. I'm in NW Houston, feeling safer and safer here each time I get an update (pushing east).

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Are you on 249 or 290? Don't answer if you don't want to.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts