FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of thought, searching the internet, and considering price, I believe that I will be going with the CZ 2075 Rami for my eventual carry pistol. The SA EMP is just going to be too expensive. I can actually buy TWO Rami pistols for the price of one EMP. I know the EMP is a great gun, but I kind of doubt that it is twice the gun as the Rami.

The gun shop I went to had the Rami, a Para Ordinance 1911 type pistol, and a M&P that I held. The Para was nice, and had a great looking bull barrel, but it was nearly $800 and the grip wasn't the most comfortable thing I've handled. The M&P was the same price as the Rami and had nicer sites on it, but didn't point naturally for me. The front site was much too high for my hand's natural point. The Rami, on the other hand, was just about as perfect as one could get on pointing. The grip was comfortable and I liked the way the slide fits into the frame of the pistol.

The only thing that wasn't quite as great about the Rami was that I felt it was a LITTLE bit wide, for a carry pistol. Much wider than the Para, but them the para was only a 7 round single stack. Trade off there, I guess.

The Rami that this store had only comes with two 14 round magazines (it was the way CZ sent it to them), so I'll have to purchase the 10 rounder as well.

When I get it, I'll be sure to give a range report, perhaps some pictures.

*Updated 5/7/08* Since I will be selling one of my bass guitars, I will have the extra money to make up the difference for a Springfield Armory EMP, which I really seem to gravitate towards, for some reason. It is twice the cost of the Rami, and holds one less bullet (than the normal 10 round Rami magazine). But I have to wonder which one would be better in terms of recoil, quality of materials, accuracy, and even asthetics. For me, that one is already answered by the EMP. I'm still researching the other conditions.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Stay away from the RAMI in 40.

I had one and it would not feed any hollow point ammunition. None.

By all accounts the 9mm RAMI is quite good though.

The CZ 75 series was originally designed around the 9mm cartridge, and it is the round that works best in them.

My 9mm CZ 75 PCR and my new CZ 75 B have been flawless.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
There is ONE CZ I really like - Gander Mountain sells a special edition 2 tone with a sweet stainless finish I like.

And then Texas Armadillo has a custom one that looks nice in a photo he posted.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I want one of those Two Tones bad. Maybe next month. I need to find one at a store so I can see how it feels.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, the one at my local Gander has the sight dots messed up. If not for that - I may have bought it months back.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there a webpage to that two toned Rami?

By the way, I decided to sell one of my bass guitars and now WOULD be able to purchase an EMP.

My question is, . . . is it true that the 1911 style pistols require more maintenance, changing springs every so often, and such?

In terms of quality, is the Springfield Armory EMP a better made pistol, in terms of materials, and function (ie. ability to handle recoil)?

In terms of accuracy, would the Rami be able to compete with the EMP?

Which one of these would be more concealable for a relatively thin guy?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts