FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have an issue? The one on mine seems to have gotten pretty sloppy. The pin wil slide to the unlocked position without a whole lot of effort.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes -- had to check the manual, but thats what they call it. lol!

it does lock out -- just sloppy when in.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
figured it out. first off -- there are a lot of things in that shell and w/out any plans it's is pretty confusing the first time you crack one open.

anyway, a spring/detent (like the one that controls the selector indexing) sits in the stripping pin and it notches into a recess on the left side. that provides the friction to keep the pin in place. if you crack one of these open make sure you do it in an enviorment where you can find any of the shooting springs.

Funny thing is I've done it enough times now that i can do the whole disassembly/reassembly in like 10-15 minutes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Care to do it one more time ...

But with step by step pics. Moderator will probably sticky it. I want to take mine down for a fire selector issue, but I'm too chicken. :(

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's already together and i don't have any plans to take it back apart.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, when my black one arrived, it had a little rattle comming from the trigger bars. My green one didn't rattle at all, so it bugged me. On top of that, I knew exactly what was making the noise and how to fix it. (spread the bars apart just a little)

So... Away I went to "fix" my noisy FS2K. There are a lot of little springs, especially that one which holds the take-down catch that were pretty trickey to get back in place. I managed to fix my rattle and get everything back together and 100% functional. And now... no rattle. :wink:

My wife and I were nervous and hoping I wouldn't have to send it back to be reassembled. It was a good thing having another FS2K to go by as a guide for reassembly. The key thing to remember is do NOT force anything and TAKE YOUR TIME.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts