FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sure seems petty but it is still bothersome to me. The right thumb safety is very loose but still functional. I do not know how it happened and I did buy the gun used. I've taken it to the range once and I went through 250 rounds with zero FTF's or FTE's. So my questions are;

Can you replace these on your own? If so, where do you get the parts and how hard is it to install?

If not, how long is the turn over time typically with FN?

Thanks!

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
You can replace it yourself. Got to midwest gun works and they have right side decocker for $5 or so. There should be a little hole on the underside of the decocker and you can put something in there to depress a little clip and you should be able to get the decocker off. Installation is simply pushing the new one on.

It sounds like one of the clips on your current one might be broken or partially cracked.

Reactions: Marcus

·
Banned
665 Posts
I would try taking it off, and making sure that the spring/clip inside it is oriented properly. The thin legs should be oriented towards the holes. You could also try bending it some. To follow up on what DJV said, you have to hold down the left hand side decocking lever in order to be able to access the holes on the right hand side lever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts