FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess we'll see if she is any better or worse than Holder on gun rights:

Loretta Lynch Confirmed as Attorney General Nominee

After months of delays, the Senate confirmed Loretta Lynch as the next attorney general by a vote of 56-43. Republicans had delayed the vote numerous times over unrelated issues. Jeb Bush, a likely Republican presidential candidate, urged the Senate to defer to President Obama's choice of Lynch as attorney general, arguing that president's should be able to pick who they want. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), an announced Republican presidential candidate and one who's arguably engaged civil liberties issues more than most politicians in either party, opposed Lynch's nomination early on, citing her aggressive use of civil asset forfeiture and her refusal to take a stand on the legality of executive drone strikes. Paul also took issue with Lynch's support of President Obama's various executive immigration directives.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Unfortunate for most all liberty loving Americans. Jeb Bush gave a poor reason for why she should be the AG. I am sure Frank Marshall Davis (BHO real daddy) would approve of this appointment.

Reactions: monsterdog

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I am so ticked off at Orrin Hatch (UT-Rino) who voted for her.

Reactions: monsterdog

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GOA: Senate Leadership Stabs Gun Owners in the Back | Current Alerts

Given the votes that were there against Lynch, McConnell hatched a plan to ensure she would be confirmed with no difficulty.

First, McConnell brought up her nomination -- even though he, alone, could have stopped Lynch's confirmation by refusing to move to proceed to her. Then, McConnell filed what’s known as a “cloture petition” to shut down the pro-gun filibuster. Finally, the effects of leadership strong-arming were evidenced by the fact that several Republicans flipped their votes (a.k.a., lied) and voted to shut down the pro-gun filibuster -- in a move called “cloture.”

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
This is what happens when we keep voting for the default GOP sponsored RINOs.

There is no difference between democraps and repugnicans, they both conspire to screw us over.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Yes and GOP Senator Johnson from WI also voted for YES. In my opinion he is part of the Big Govt. GOP problem. Additionally I got responses of veiled support from Baldwin the Dem Senator and Pocan my Dem Representative regarding my Green Tip letters but nothing from Johnson.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts