FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I like the stronger torx headed screws.
I keep getting pissed off at anything I buy that uses flat head, phillips, or hex/allen keys because I will strip them all to some extent. Never had that issue with any torx.

If I get an RMR or another MRDS, I'll make sure to get some torx screws for it if it doesn't come with them.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Make your life easy, get a set of these in metric & in and 99%, never strip out a Allen again.
Best wrenches I have found, EVER. I must have 10 sets all over, bc I too, cant deal with stripped out sh*t! If you can appreciate a Snap-On shape socket, these are similar concept but for Allens...

You will be hard pressed to find many Torx CS head metric hardware. These are like $8 a set, you must try! You wont go back...

McMaster-Carr

A larger contact surface along the edges allows you to achieve 20% more torque than with standard hex keys, which grip only with their pointed edges. These high-torque L-keys have a unique profile that distributes pressure on the flat sides of fasteners. Made of alloy steel with a black-oxide finish.

I keep getting pissed off at anything I buy that uses flat head, phillips, or hex/allen keys because I will strip them all to some extent. Never had that issue with any torx.

If I get an RMR or another MRDS, I'll make sure to get some torx screws for it if it doesn't come with them.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I should have gotten those when I got the O-rings for my thread protector on my Tac.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts