FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to try an FNP in .40 SW for the first time. I loved the thing, I put about 500 rounds through it and needless to say it pulled through. Being retired Army I have very high expectations for any FN and this sure held up my love for them and made it even stronger. It seems to be fairly un-known and in my opinion very under rated by the people who tell me about it. It was accurate, comfortable, and very easy to manage. I want to buy one of these before summer.

Does any one have expierience with this piece in any other caliber??

9mm
.45???

what one would you recomend??

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I have the 9mm USG version. Round count of 1,670. No failures of any kind. It is more accurate than me (though I have improved greatly).

I think I made a wise choice for a first pistol.

The recoil is quite light on the 9. I would like to try the 40 to compare, but in my area, there's nothing FN to rent and I haven't seen anyone else with an FN pistol, although the gunshop I go to did have a new 9 for sale.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My 9M is heavier feeling than the other polymer 9's I've shot. The only 9 that I like better is the Sig 226. I am very pleased with my purchase and will recommend FN P's to anyone for 1) price 2) quality 3) feel. My compact 9 doesn't feel like one. I don't think you'll go wrong with a FNP. I now have about 700 rounds through my 9M.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I love my FNP-45. I'm sure the other calibers are great, but in my opinion, the .45 really stands out in it's class. Mine has functioned flawlessly so far.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I have the FNP-9, it's the only 9mm pistol I own and it's a great gun. It fits the hand very well, cycles everything (has for me anyway).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts