FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Art this trigger is so nice. I love the fact I can fine tune it. Smooth like Butter! Good healthy primer strikes.Didn't have to wait 10 weeks to get it either, came in three days and five minutes to put it in. image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
I received mine today and installed after ordering Friday. Feels fantastic. Nice and crisp. Will provide better feedback after I test drive it with live rounds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Been waiting for these to be back in stock. Did you guys get notified by Shooting Sight or did the website have some back in stock?

·
Registered
58 Posts
if you adjust the trigger, heed the warnings in the instructions to reapply thread locker onto the adjustment screws. I did not. a few hundred rounds later, I had a surprise burst-fire weapon. It happened in the middle of a carbine class and took a few people by surprise - especially me. fortunately for me, the school has a gunsmith on site who could get everything back running properly...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just installed the Shooting Sight trigger in my 17s and it's got a very crisp break and smooth takeup. What I don't like about the trigger is before the stage1 takeup, there's a ~1/32" takeup before starting the regular stage1 travel. It's almost like what a true drop-in trigger unit would exhibit if it was loose on the pins, but still spring preloaded at that point - not actually loose and floppy. Anyone else notice this? It's a little unnerving as it feels like it's up against the break at that point.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Just installed the Shooting Sight trigger in my 17s and it's got a very crisp break and smooth takeup. What I don't like about the trigger is before the stage1 takeup, there's a ~1/32" takeup before starting the regular stage1 travel. It's almost like what a true drop-in trigger unit would exhibit if it was loose on the pins, but still spring preloaded at that point - not actually loose and floppy. Anyone else notice this? It's a little unnerving as it feels like it's up against the break at that point.
Thats odd. My Shootingsight triggers (2) do not exhibit that behavior.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've sent Art an email and might send him an iPhone video of what's occurring. It definitely isn't normal to me and figured it'd have been mentioned by someone on here if it was common.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I've sent Art an email and might send him an iPhone video of what's occurring. It definitely isn't normal to me and figured it'd have been mentioned by someone on here if it was common.
Let us know what he says.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Will do. I've now also sent him a video, which is like a thousand pictures, and a picture is like a thousand words. So I basically sent him the equivalent of a million word dissertation that he'll absorb in about 10 seconds.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Will do. I've now also sent him a video, which is like a thousand pictures, and a picture is like a thousand words. So I basically sent him the equivalent of a million word dissertation that he'll absorb in about 10 seconds.
lol!!!

·
Vendor
1,757 Posts
I answered the video/email. Not sure yet what is going on, but it is not supposed to do that, so we will get it fixed.

First thought, strip out the safety and hammer to see if the hangup is between the trigger and the lower. The trigger bow could be rubbing where it goes through the lower, or on the side next to the safety detent.
Second, reinstall the safety (ie no hammer), and see if it is between the trigger and the safety. The tab on the trigger passes close to the edge of the safety notch. If things get off center, there could be a snag there.
Third, put in the hammer with no safety.

These ought to narrow down what is snagging, so we can come up with a solution.

At the end of the day, we will make it right.

To the other question about what is adjustable: all my triggers allow the second stage sear engagement (creep) to be adjusted. Some (I am trying to phase it out) also allow the second stage sear pressure to be adjusted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After a few emails back and forth doing some troubleshooting, Art concluded a new trigger assembly was needed. I finally installed it and wanted to report back that the issue is now resolved! No more initial click before stage 1 take up. I'm returning the older unit to him for inspection. Good customer service and would do this again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts