FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Sometimes I have trouble at 7yds, 15yds, but remember a little twitch of your hands/fingers is alot of movement at 15yds. For me its control, all you can do is practice, practice, practice. I can't seem to stop twitching!!!!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
When I first got my USPc - it shot low - I never really had that issue w/ any gun before. After 3 trips - I SWORE the sights were off. I finally brought my rifle sandbags to the range and rested the pistol - it was spot on. It just took me about 800 rounds to not shoot low with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shoots low

its going back to be fixed my gun dealer bill froelich 5 time world champion sass shooter shot the gun at 3yrd,2"low,7yrd4"low,15yrd1 foot low i agreed.

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
i thought my fnp40 shot low aswell, this is my first 40S&W handgun, i guess that snap was affecting me. I let a guy at the range who was LEO and a damn good shot to test out my gun, he shot it perfect at 10 yards, putting 5 holes in a cross shape on purpose! haha

he gave me some tips.

im a pretty good shot with my 9's and 45..but still getting used to 40

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I went to the range today and shot 100 rounds. I was shooting low as well, but when I shot from a rest, it was spot on. I switched up my stance and grip a little and started hitting point of aim better. For me I think it had something to do with poor trigger control and/or recoil anticipation, and of course too infrequent practice. :)

On another note, does anyone notice a big difference in recoil between a 180 grain round and a 165 gr? Man it seemed like my 165 gr blazer's had noticeably higher recoil than my 180 gr UMC's. Must be the whole muzzle velocity difference.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think i read CCI load's are a bit hotter then the UMC. I did however fire 155G hornady JHP's out of it and felt recoil was very low compared with 180G UMC of WWB or CCI brass in 180, of course

i shot some 165g wwb and 180g umc, and did not notice any diffrence, 15g diffrence is going to be negtionable imo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Low Point of Aim

I know why you're shooting low; something I used to do as well. You may be anticipating the recoil of the pistol and pushingforward on it. When you do so, you drop the muzzle and cause the round to hit low. Try using snap caps to test the movement of your hold when you're at the range, and you'll catch yourself doing this. It took me a while to break the habit, but I did. Also remind yourself to slowly squeeze the trigger; let the round surprise you when it goes off. See how that works for you...

·
Registered
48 Posts
First time I shot my FNP40 was at the range qualifying for my CCW. Most everything was low. I adjusted by putting the front sight ON the target rater than UNDER the target and was very satisfied with the results . everything is in the 9/10 ring now.
I have done a good bit of shooting and was comfortabe enough with my ability to qualify with an unfired weapon (bought it the day before) but it does seem to shoot a bit low to me, maybe 3 inches at 15 yards.
Just my $0.02.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts