FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, as more of these seem to be coming up as a topic here...

Can someone name the brands of lowers that WILL work with the new AR5.7 Upper?

I do remember reading some problems a few people had, and there has been some past discussion that some will work and some will not.

I figured if we had this on 1 particular thread, it might help members here! :shock:

I may make this a sticky and edit my post as an intro to such a list if you guys can provide it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah, I was looking at the 5.7 upper at my local gun store the other day. I haven't heard of any issues with regard to lowers. The only problem I have heard of is that some people have said after market triggers don't work. However I have talked to a guy that is using a AR57 upper on an Bushmaster lower with a drop in McCormack triggerl. He claims it works just fine as well.

It is a very interesting design, holds 50 rounds and the empty brass is ejected out the bottom of the empty mag well.

It seems to be made with some quality parts as well, milled upper, 4140 chrome alloy threaded free float barrel. It has a 4140 chrome parkerized bolt as well.

I guess my biggest complaint would be that the magazines cost $70!!!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ICM856 said:
I guess my biggest complaint would be that the magazines cost $70!!!
I have 9 PS90 mags, and I haven't bought any lately - but I think U can still get them for $55-$59 max if U know where to look

·
Registered
25 Posts
AR 57?

I tried one out at the Gun store with a CMMG lower and a Can. It was a sweet shooter. I also just got one and tried it with my POF Gen 3 Lower/with a Timney Single Stage trigger and a can. It seemed to shoot fine. Well, it was interesting. I forgot to change out the buffer and it jammed on the third round. I didn't have time to trouble shoot, so I'll have to get back with you. I would like to know others thoughts, feelings, experience with the AR 57. Anyone?

·
Registered
10 Posts
any AR lower will work. The differences and where you are going to run into problems is the buffer system the AR has installed. It seems that you need to run a heavy buffer and standard buffer spring.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have time to dig up the old posts - but there was 1 or 2 reports of it not working with certain brands of lowers. That's why I started this thread - to try and help people.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have not had time to read up yet, anyone know if it will work on a registered receiver M-16? Have they made a trip for one yet?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine runs 100% on an Olympic lower with a Chip MacCormack drop in trigger with a 3 lb. pull. I am running the supplied AR57 buffer but with a Wolf extra power spring instead of a stock spring.

Dog :?

·
Registered
534 Posts
ups showed up today with y AR57 16" barrel and also a A2 buffer came with it. I'm going to install it after I get off work tonight. :shock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts