FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so what you you using to lube the PS90??

what lube caused problems and what were the problems??

Thanks
Smoke

·
Registered
90 Posts
I clean it with MPro7 and give the bolt assembly just a smidge of CLP along the springs. No malfunctions so far and no appreciable wear in 2000 rounds.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
That's good to hear that you have had no wear w/ 2000 rounds. I think everyone is paranoid about the bolt slamming the barrel, and the plastic hammer.

So far, I've only used CLP for everything. But, I only have 260 rounds thru mine so far.

I can't afford to shoot it every other weekend like I do with my pistols.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So far, I've only used CLP for everything. But, I only have 260 rounds thru mine so far.

I can't afford to shoot it every other weekend like I do with my pistols.
+2 on that, the manual says CLP, that's what I use. Even with reloading, it is still a little expensive to shoot. I need to get a shellplate for the Dillon, so far I have used the Rockchucker and that makes for slow going.

Never-the-less, I love this caliber. A friend of mine is a machinist, loves AR's, and I'm trying to get him to make a bolt to convert an AR to a straight pull bolt action rifle for this caliber so I can hunt coyotes with it. I just haven't figured out how to feed from a magazine to the AR platform.

Sorry, I got way off post...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to help run off topic but there is a manufacturer on another 5.7 board who is working on an AR upper conversion fr this cal. it uses the PS90 clip ontop and looks mean. Ill post a link in a bit when i get some more time............Hal

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
HeavyArms said:
Not to help run off topic but there is a manufacturer on another 5.7 board who is working on an AR upper conversion fr this cal. it uses the PS90 clip ontop and looks mean. Ill post a link in a bit when i get some more time............Hal
Yea, it's been talked about before.

It's the 1st post in the "Black Rifle Room."

Here: http://ps90forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92

That's way off topic for talking about lube on the PS90, though.... :?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah sorry lol. But in the lube topic, i didnt get the instructions with either of my Ps90s....Is there a recomended lube for the clips? i know with some its called to use graphite.............Hal

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Actually, according the manual, you are not supposed to lube the mag. U can disassemble it and wash it with water - but wait for it to dry completely before reassembly.

1 guy here did use graphite on the trigger pack. I wouldn't do it. I can't remember if he did it on the magazine

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've used some synthetic gun lube on the moving parts dictated in the manual, but I also did something they say not to, I used some DuPont Teflon multi-use lube on the trigger group and it smoothed out the trigger a noticable amount. I've fired 200 rounds since doing that and things look fine and still work smoother then unlubed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't have a PS90 yet. Been using Militec-1 for years on all of my other toys. Have used it on others' pistols too. After giving back the pistols, some have thought I did a trigger job on the guns while I had them. Militec is great stuff IMHO.

Also used to use Eezox, but it's somewhat difficult to find. Used it for guns and just about every other mechanical lubricating purpose. It's a CLP and was quite good on triggers. The only problem I had with it, was that it was very bad for rubber O-rings (not on guns). If you got any on them, they would stretch. Take an O-ring off a fitting , put it back on, and try to tighten it, and there was no way the o-ring would go back in to the hole it came out of. It was like the o-ring was a few sizes too big. Unknown if it would hurt plastic gun parts.

Also there's something called Ed's Red. Lots of shotgunners use the stuff and swear by it. It's a CLP that you can make yourself for about $12.00 a gallon. There's many, many sites that will detail how to make the stuff. one of them is...
http://www.gungrabber.com/edsred.htm

·
Registered
255 Posts
BF CLP, FP-10 and Corrosion-X primarily for lube. A bore snake for the field and an Otis cleaning kit for regular cleaning.
Have the PS90 Otis but normally use the M4 version as I almost always have one of those out shooting as well.

·
Vendor
5,599 Posts
I use WD40 to clean the parts and then after wiping it dry I use Zero Friction to lube the recomended parts.
When I clean my mags I use a little wd40 on a swab and rub it around and under the feeding lips. I also hit the ramp area. I always pull out a lot of powder residue. Also... useing and angled metel dental pick, lightly scrap the inside corners and angles of the ramp and lips to make sure you get all the powder out.
It's a lot more work but I have never had a feeding problem. 8)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm a big fan of Militec also. I've been using it on all my guns and I'm very happy with it.
I cleaned and then wiped down two of my metal USP mags, one with BF the other with Militec and then left them on the shelf undisturbed for a couple of months. When I went back to them, the BF one was covered with dust and the Militec one was nearly dust free.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have been using Tetra Gun for about 15+ years.

Great stuff, but it does smell bad.

BTW, I wouldn't use WD-40 on guns. It's almost Kerosene chemically, and it will wick past the bullet and contaminate the powder on ammo, if it comes into contact with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts