·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Congrats on a sweet firearm!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

We have just bought one like this in Switzerland, it looks almost brand new :) I would love to date ours, how did you get the date of yours?

Photo from a day at the range. (includes M1 Carbine, FAS 57, K31, and FN FALO)
IMG_20171021_095322.jpg
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks guys for the kind words!

The K31 and the FAS/STGW 57 are really de rigueur here. Most ranges are owned by the army or the commune (don't see RED, this is the municipal council!) and therefore you can only shoot armes d'ordinance, ie weapons that have at sometime been in use with the army or police. The M1 and the FALO cannot be shot at these ranges, this means that for the most part we are shooting indoors at 50m. There is an indoor 300m range at Brunig, but that is a bit of a trek. I really envy your ability to be able to shoot almost anywhere in reason! This photo was taken at a special outdoor session organised by our local indoor range.

Some time I will publish better photos of these and our other guns, we are building a nice collection of FN!

·
Administrator
12,029 Posts
Thanks guys for the kind words!

The K31 and the FAS/STGW 57 are really de rigueur here. Most ranges are owned by the army or the commune (don't see RED, this is the municipal council!) and therefore you can only shoot armes d'ordinance, ie weapons that have at sometime been in use with the army or police. The M1 and the FALO cannot be shot at these ranges, this means that for the most part we are shooting indoors at 50m. There is an indoor 300m range at Brunig, but that is a bit of a trek. I really envy your ability to be able to shoot almost anywhere in reason! This photo was taken at a special outdoor session organised by our local indoor range.

Some time I will publish better photos of these and our other guns, we are building a nice collection of FN!
Seems we both have issues with firearms and where and when we can shoot them. Our ranges are drying up and it is hard to find an 1000 yard range. Luckily for us in central Florida, we have two that I know of, one in Manatee County about 35 miles from me, and the other is run by the state on the other side of Orlando, also quite a trek for me to get to as it is near 80 miles or more. Otherwise, we are limited to 100 yard ranges which are few and far in-between. I miss being near the woods where I could drive and go and shoot at any time, but there were not any ranges so you were limited to how far you could shoot. And indoor ranges limit you on time and the cost is becoming prohibitive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts