FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my M6A2 SPR LWRC upper in FDE. Haven't shot it yet, but I have a semi lame question. I need to buy an LWRC M6 lower next. I was thinking about getting their patriot brown color instead of FDE for just the lower. I'm trying to decide if the 2 tone look would be kewl or stupid. Any one have pics of an FDE/ patriot brown combo gun?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Sorry I can't help you out with that photo, but wanted to chime in and say congrats on that LWRC. I would like to get an A2 version. The only complaint I have about the IC version is how the spring doesn't fit into the cup without some grinding on the spring or cup to get it seated properly. But those LWRC barrels combined with the reliable piston system makes a great rifle. And I wish 6.8 was a little cheaper priced and available in the ammo department...because that's a pretty strong desire I have too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gun Firearm Rifle Assault rifle Trigger

Favorite rifle by far. M6A2 Spartan with ECOS on top.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't have a patriot brown/FDE combo but when I was running my Burnt bronze upper on my registered lower (black) it looked ridiculous in my opinion. Of course FDE/patriot brown are a much closer match but in MY opinion not a look I would go for. YMMV.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you google lwrc fde patriot brown gun, there is a pic of each next to each other.

i have a m6 spr in patriot brown, and a ic spr in od. Whatever you choose its still going to be an awesome gun.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
The only complaint I have about the IC version is how the spring doesn't fit into the cup without some grinding on the spring or cup to get it seated properly.
LWRC rifles right out of the box the Spring fits solid inside the cup. If the operator disassembles the Spring, Guild and Cup if very difficult to get the Spring back into the cup. If you buy replacement parts from LWRC they come with the Spring, Rod, and Cup disassembled, which baffles me. You would figure the parts would come together. I have found that its very difficult put the Spring into the Cup. Grinding down the spring slightly with a file or a machine helps to reassemble the parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts