FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Imagine that being 300 blackout quiet with a can!!! That a new hd weapon. I'm not sure why 6.8- if it is a pdw-- you don't need 300 yard knock down power, a easier round to silence with heavier grain would seem to work well. Intro a 220 grain subsonic 300 black with a suppressor! Bang and done.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Imagine that being 300 blackout quiet with a can!!! That a new hd weapon. I'm not sure why 6.8- if it is a pdw-- you don't need 300 yard knock down power, a easier round to silence with heavier grain would seem to work well. Intro a 220 grain subsonic 300 black with a suppressor! Bang and done.
That would be the AAC Honey Badger.
Nice looking rifle, looks like I'm picking up the latest edition of Recoil later today.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I love it. I love my lwrc too. I would consider it. Seem people are at odds with 300 or 6.8. I have a 300 investment so if like to keep it at 300 and not pick up another caliber. I'd do it as a 5.56 too. I'm still holding out for the sig mpx.
I've been using LWRCi product for years now and they've all run like sewing machines.

Reactions: Troublesx10

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
Maybe if the Stormtroopers had this, they could have hit something. Rebel scum.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
That would be the AAC Honey Badger.
Nice looking rifle, looks like I'm picking up the latest edition of Recoil later today.

I actually picked up the aac- 300 black upper for my lwrc! I switch out uppers. I love it. The best! Just waiting for my sdn 762 to get out of jail! When that day comes-- party time!

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
I like! Throw a Tango Down stubby and a T1 on that thing with a can....perfect :mrgreen:
I put an angled a2 magpul, and a comp m4 aimpoint! Seems like we b thinking the same kev. I have exact same set up on my lwrc - I just change uppers and add the 3x aimpoint magnifier when needed. Don't even change sling.

Funny thing- I haven't shot the AAC upper yet. Trying to get a small surplus of 300 black before I start shooting it. The can is in jail, I need to change the flash hider on the lwrc 5.56 upper (it is the spr m6a2 fluted barrel version- with out gas block). I need to add the AAC flash hider with the 51 t version that I can pin. Any experience with this? Will I be able to run my non-gas block upper without problems or damage when I suppress it? Bit worries about it now and don't want to buy new upper!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I actually picked up the aac- 300 black upper for my lwrc! I switch out uppers. I love it. The best! Just waiting for my sdn 762 to get out of jail! When that day comes-- party time!
Dude! I am in the EXACT same boat. AAC 300 BLK upper and an SDN 762 locked up in my Class III guy's vault. When are you due to get yours?

For now I have to content myself with my 5.56 rigs and Gemtech Halos.

Reactions: Troublesx10

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Dude! I am in the EXACT same boat. AAC 300 BLK upper and an SDN 762 locked up in my Class III guy's vault. When are you due to get yours?

For now I have to content myself with my 5.56 rigs and Gemtech Halos.
I filed in late nov. I'm honestly trying not to think about it. I am a bit heart broken and wanting my can and set! I purchased several and they are my first cans. I told myself no shooting 300 till I get the 1k of ammo or I get the can. The 300ammo is expensive and I'm buying 200 at a time between buying other guns. I thought the 300 and my lwrc with 16 5.56 upper would be perfect interchangeable pair.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ive been looking at the LWRC ultra compact stock for the 300 as well. Anyone ran it on a 300 sbr? I love that PDW stock but have reservations about it having a proprietary bolt carrier. Kinda dig the one the aac comes with and dont want to switch it out for lower quality parts just to have a cool stock

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Ive been looking at the LWRC ultra compact stock for the 300 as well. Anyone ran it on a 300? I love that PDW stock but have reservations about it having a proprietary bolt carrier. Kinda dig the one the aac comes with and dont want to switch it out for lower quality parts just to have a cool stock
Agreed!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Interesting that the rifle uses a proprietary Magpul 6.8 PMag?

"Until now, a major drawback of using the 6.8 cartridge in an M4 style weapon has been the lack of reliable magazines. So, when we designed the SIX8™ family of weapons, we started with the magazine. Partnering with Magpul®, the leader in polymer magazine engineering, we designed the first polymer 6.8 magazine. Building upon the magazine, we designed the SIX8™ platform for maximum reliability and improved ergonomics. The upper and lower receivers are designed to accommodate the slightly larger polymer magazine and to perfect the feed geometry for the 6.8 cartridge."

Unfortunately I reside in a non-SBR state so I can only drool over such cool things. :cool:

·
Registered
604 Posts
I filed in late nov. I'm honestly trying not to think about it. I am a bit heart broken and wanting my can and set! I purchased several and they are my first cans. I told myself no shooting 300 till I get the 1k of ammo or I get the can. The 300ammo is expensive and I'm buying 200 at a time between buying other guns. I thought the 300 and my lwrc with 16 5.56 upper would be perfect interchangeable pair.
I shoot my 300 BLK regularly, but I reload for it so ammo availability isn't an issue for me. I don't know if you knew this or not, but Hornady's 300 Whisper offering will work in a 300 BLK, to give you more options when buying ammo.

The L-Dub's bolt carrier looked familiar to me and then it dawned on me that it was very similar to the bolt carrier that Colt uses in it's PDW.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts