FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made for an FN 509. Will this work in an FNS 9c? Are the springs the same?

Update

I was browsing the forum and saw some recommendations for Apex triggers. They also sell "heavy duty strikers" and sell the same one for the FN 509 and FNS 9C. This leads me to believe the M*Carbo 509 kit will work in the 9C. I'll report back later.

·
Premium Member
15,263 Posts
:welcomesigntb3: To our lovely Forum! I’m guessing No! But it will be interesting when you try it and report back with the results! The 509 has a 4.0” inch barrel and the FNS-9C has a shorter 3.6” inch barrel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Others on this forum have used the spring kit for FNS full size successfully. I just installed the kit into my FNS-9 full size. I would go to the M*carbo site and send an email to Chris (owner). He is very responsive. My guess it WILL work because I suspect the only difference is the barrel length, which is less than 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:welcomesigntb3: To our lovely Forum! I’m guessing No! But it will be interesting when you try it and report back with the results! The 509 has a 4.0” inch barrel and the FNS-9C has a shorter 3.6” inch barrel
Thanks for the welcome. I'm thinking the determining factors would by any differences in the striker and the sear. I have tried to compare part numbers, but haven't figured it out yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Others on this forum have used the spring kit for FNS full size successfully. I just installed the kit into my FNS-9 full size. I would go to the M*carbo site and send an email to Chris (owner). He is very responsive. My guess it WILL work because I suspect the only difference is the barrel length, which is less than 1/2 inch.
I have emailed Chris and he denies compatibility (possibly for legal reasons?). I suspect I need to locate someone who owns both a 509 and an FNS-9c.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Update

I was browsing the forum and saw some recommendations for Apex triggers. They also sell "heavy duty strikers" and sell the same one for the FN 509 and FNS 9C. This leads me to believe the M*Carbo 509 kit will work in the 9C. I'll report back later.
Update II

I have installed the M*Carbo kit in my FNS 9c. It installed perfectly. I have not range tested the firearm yet, but I believe that in my pistol it will work just fine. I was able to verify the involved parts of the pistol are interchangeable with the FN 509.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Please share another update once you have a range trip through it. I’d love to know if it truly works without any hiccups. Thanks for taking one for the team and being the beta tester on this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please share another update once you have a range trip through it. I’d love to know if it truly works without any hiccups. Thanks for taking one for the team and being the beta tester on this.
Oh, and as the beta tester be sure you throw the test pistol on a concrete slab with real gusto. Don't limp wrist it. It must land at every imaginable angle. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ll have to post up details & pics later. I installed the MCarbo spring kits in both of my FNS-9C’s, and have many rounds down range with them installed (along with Apex billet strikers in both guns as well.) All of this work done well before the beer flu hit, so range time was a plenty with various ammo 115/124/147.

No worries or frets, they work fantastic. I see no need at all for Apex triggers in these. I do have an Apex trigger in my Glock 43, and yes they’re great too. But the FN’s are GTG as is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ll have to post up details & pics later. I installed the MCarbo spring kits in both of my FNS-9C’s, and have many rounds down range with them installed (along with Apex billet strikers in both guns as well.) All of this work done well before the beer flu hit, so range time was a plenty with various ammo 115/124/147.

No worries or frets, they work fantastic. I see no need at all for Apex triggers in these. I do have an Apex trigger in my Glock 43, and yes they’re great too. But the FN’s are GTG as is.
Thanks. I have been wringing my hands about this very upgrade. I finally did it anyway and it seems perfect. Your actual shooting experience gives me confidence. Did you report your experience to M"Carbo? I did not, but I haven't been quiet about it either. I do still have some creep between the wall and the break. I'm thinking of polishing the hook on the striker to see if that helps. Other than that it is as good as my hammer fired CZ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No worries. I may have posted something on his Facebook page stating as such, can't remember. You'll never get rid of the "spring loading inside the striker" feel on take-up, that's just the nature of the beast with these true double action guns. But that's really no concern to me, as they're not bullseye range toys, they're setup for home defense. And the way I've got them setup with Federal HST 147 ammo, I feel very confident using them as such.

They sure as heck aren't 1911's... I've got that covered too. Those are bullseye range guns.. and do quite well.

Also, I did all 4 MCarbo springs in the black gun, but only the striker & safety plunger on the FDE gun. Truthfully, they feel about the same... FWIW.

Rock on,
Jim

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I’ve done a bit of polishing to eliminate grit and creep, but plan to add the spring kit. For the price it sounds like a winner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts