FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my second try at making a Bullpup stock for the M1 Carbine.
I took a 10/22 Muzzelite stock and converted it to house the M1 Carbine.
The 10/22 and the M1 Carbine are surprisingly similar in shape.
I added the scope rail and a few side rails for lights and lasers.
Going to try and get to the range in the next week to see how it holds up.

·
Vendor
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
finally worked out the feeding and ejection problems. I just got back from the range and it work perfectly!
I will be posting a video soon.
I even shot it left handed and was pleasantly surprised that there was no blow back and the shells only grazed my chin 3 times out of thirty rounds.

·
Vendor
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep! It is like shooting the PS90. The buttstock is more on the chest than the shoulder. I was surprised how comfortable it was to shoot.
Very little recoil and no blowback.
I'll upload the videos once my friend sends me the phone videos.

·
Vendor
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it just my imagination or are you using your chin as a shell deflector in the second vid.
Only a couple grazed my chin and I barely felt them. I wanted to see what would happen if I shot it left handed.
It was really quite comfortable. I am now not hesitant to shoot it lefty.
Next step is to try and get a wholesale price on a dozen stocks and get them converted.
Then put them on my website and ebay for sale. :cool:

·
Vendor
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now taking orders for the M1 Bullpup Stock.
$199.00 with free shipping. I will build them per order.
I don't have them on my website just yet. I want to get the assembly process down to a quicker method.
Just PM me if you are interested.
Check or Money order right now.
I'll try and get more video next time I go to the range.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Cool. One of my biggest gun regrets is not making an M2 Carbine purchase in 1996. My buddy offered me my choice of of two......two different M2 arsenal refurbished carbines and a British STEN. Was a poor Airman at the time and just couldn't figure out what to do with those guns so I passed. Price was $750 for any of them plus the tax stamp. At the time I just wasn't educated on what the 30 Carbine round could do and couldn't justify the expense.:(

·
Vendor
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am sorry, but my experience with Muzzlelite bullpup stocks (both 10/22 & Mini14) are that they were crap.
They definitely are not as good as the High Tower Armory stocks but after I reinforce the inside and add the top rail with 2 more reinforced screws it is very solid. No wiggle or movement of the M1 Carbine at all. It works! The Muzzlelite stocks are made of a thick plastic and not the glass filled polymer.
Maybe some day when I have $150,000 to burn I can produce the stock that is in my head. It will be just as tough as the PS90 stock and made of glass filled polymer. But until then...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts