FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Not particularly good video but some of you might enjoy the captions during the first part.

I shot a Blue Sky import Garand (Springfield), Mossberg 590, and Glock 41.

Did okay... not great, not horrible.

I still suck at rifle. :?: Maybe it would help if I sighted in my rifle BEFORE the match starts. :-D

·
Registered
315 Posts
I LIKE IT!!!! Great stuff there 1K

Reactions: 1KPerDay

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks!

I discovered I can't shoot the G41 particularly well under pressure. I think the grip (even though it's the SF frame) is still just too large for me. Or maybe the front sight is too narrow. I'm discovering I prefer a thicker front sight post. Or maybe it seems to move around more relative to the rear due to the longer slide. Or maybe I just suck. :D

I think I shot the handgun stuff clean (the paper that is) but it felt messy.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're welcome. Thanks for the kind words!

Results posted: I placed first in the Heavy Metal Irons division (nobody else in the division :D ) and 23rd out of 78 overall.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Dude 1k I don't know what you're talkin about, the shooting was awesome, and the fact you went out there and geared up your mind and arms and did it is even more awesome.

At LaRue nationals a couple years ago, every M1 shooter on the long distance stage got a much loader "HIT" than the already-loud retort arriving from the steel downrange.

Great shooting. For Heavy you shoot two .45's on paper? I don't recognize the new rules that they keep changing, but IIRC it was one. I guess it's different, now. Or maybe since there are 80 sets of 3Gun ruling committees....

FANTASTIC JOB, DUDE!!!! :?:?:?

Reactions: 1KPerDay

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great shooting. For Heavy you shoot two .45's on paper? I don't recognize the new rules that they keep changing, but IIRC it was one. I guess it's different, now. Or maybe since there are 80 sets of 3Gun ruling committees....

FANTASTIC JOB, DUDE!!!! :?:?:?
Thanks! Yeah, they keep changing the rules every year. Our club used to have its own rules and divisions but last year they switched to the 3-Gun Nation rules and divisions to try to fit in and stay consistent. Last year on the paper targets it was one hit to the center circle, or 2 hits anywhere in the outer circle to neutralize the target. Most everyone shoots double taps anyway to make sure, and it doesn't take that much longer. This year they changed it to one center hit or two hits ANYWHERE on the paper (including the corners outside the outer circle).

If there are different scoring rules for Heavy Metal please let me know. As far as I know you score hits the same but I could be wrong. I generally shoot 2 on each paper unless I'm up close and can see the big .30 and .45 holes; then sometimes I call it good after one hit. Or if I run empty and don't want to take 10 seconds to reload. LOL :D

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Huh... how about that. Blueorison, you were right!

"SCORING CONCESSION for Heavy Metal ONLY: A competitor in this division shall only be required to score ONE hit ANYWHERE on a paper target with the Rifle, Shotgun or Pistol to neutralize the target"

3-Gun Nation > Regionals > Rules & Awards

I could have cut my ammo costs in half... LOL

Nobody ever told me that rule. But it's not like there are a lot of us shooting Heavy Metal. I doubt most people know about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts