1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Yikes!!!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
When we shot DCM matches in the 80s they had huge amounts of surplus 3006 ammo we could shoot and they always told us the ammo was old and to look out for squibs.

People are shooting that same ammo(and worse) today but there isn't anyone around to tell them that.

You could see and hear the squib right before it blew, it looks like she had 2 rounds stuck in the bore and then the 3rd grenaded it.

Impressive that 70+ year old rifle that might have been through 2 wars and 20 years of continuous military service could hold up to that kind of abuse.

Just in case you couldn't tell I am a "True Believer" and will remain so even if I watch videos like this 8 hours per day for a month.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You could see and hear the squib right before it blew, it looks like she had 2 rounds stuck in the bore and then the 3rd grenaded it.
If you count the rounds, 6 went just fine. It was the 7th where she had the malfunction. If she had stopped and looked at the case that came out when she cleared, she might have realized it was a squib. From the angle of the video you can clearly see there was no exit out of the muzzle on the 7th round, but would be hard to see as the shooter. It was when she put the 8th round in and pulled the trigger that things went to heck in a hand basket.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Should have known something not right when there was no recoil, like the 6 other rounds fired.

If she was new to shooting, she should have been supervised.

Reactions: Remark

·
Registered
517 Posts
Should have known something notright when there was no recoil, like the 6 other rounds fired.

If she was new to shooting, she should have been supervised.
She didn't seem that new to shooting. She cleared the m1 without much hesitation so I am guessing that she was familiar with it. Too bad she didn't understand the situation. So yeah I maybe she was only half trained.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.