FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this thread we post pics of our clones of the M4/M16 family of weapons.

I enjoy the research of different configurations and the search for hard to find parts to make rifles as close to possible as issued rifles. I'd like to see what you guys have cobbled together

If your interested in building a clone, this thread can also be a great place to ask questions on appropriate parts and where to find them if available.

A few simple guidelines for the thread
1. Needs to be clone of a issued M4/M16 and varient military rifle (can be 308 ala Mk11, M110, L129A1 etc)
2. Certain allowances can be made for non issued parts such as 16" barrel on M4 or non colt lower/ semi auto lower
3. Not a discussion on why the latest rail, flashider etc is soooo much better than issued stuff
4. This thread is for those trying to replicate issued weapons, not so much this is "my inspired by build"

I'll start with a few

My M4 clone:

I chose to recreate the rifle I carried in OEF. Its a Colt 6920 with M4 Roll mark, I added the CAR stock, MATECH BUIS, KAC RAS, and Aimpoint Comp M2 with the early small knob aimpoint mount with spacer.

SAM-R Clone:

USMC SAM-R Clone, Krieger 1/7 Barrel profiled by CLE, KAC NT4 Flashhider, KAC Flip up frontsite/gas block, KAC Long FF RAS, LMT Lower with A2 Stock, Leupold TS-30A2 2.5-8, ARMS #22H rings, KAC 200-600 back up site

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I'll go big first with my MK11 Mod0 Clone

Knights Armament Sr25 EMR base rifle
Knights Armament MK11 Mod0 RAS FF handguard
Knights Armament MK11 Mod0 Folding front sight
Knights Armament 200-600m Folding rear sight
Badger Ordnance 30mm Ultra high rings
Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40 30mm M3 TMR
Harris 6-9 swivel bi pod with KMW POD-LOC
Knights Armament Bi pod adapter
Knights Armament MK11 Mod0 suppressor

USMC SAM-R Clone
Armalite Upper and Lower receiver
Compass Lake 20" Krieger 1:7.7 twist match barrel
Knights Armament 2 stage trigger, 200-600m rear folding sight, Folding front sight gasblock assembly, NT4 QD flash hider and Rifle RAS FF handguard
Harris 6-9 bi pod with Arms #32 adapter
Arms #22 High 30mm rings

US ARMY SDM Rifle

Armalite Upper and Lower receiver
Douglas 20" 1:8 Twist fluted barrel
Giessele 2 stage trigger
Daniel Defense M4 12.0 handguard
Harris Bi pod with Knights Armament bi pod adapter
Trijicon ACGO TA31F
Matech 600m rear folding sight

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
MK18 Mod0 Clone

LMT upper 10.5" barrel receiver
LMT Lower receiver
LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD stock
LMT Fixed adjustable rear sight assembly
Aimpoint M2 with Wilcox Industries Corp mount
Knights Armament RIS hadguard
Knights Armament VG
CQD rear sling mount

Early M4A1 clone upper assembly
LMT 14.5 M4 Upper receiver on my LMT SBR Lower receiver
Knights Armament M4 RAS handguard
Matech 600m rear sight
Trijicon ACOG TA01NSN

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Acquiring parts for a M4A1 SOPMOD Block II build

I have pretty much everything
DD RISII FDE (very darkbrown anodizing)
14.5" SOCOM barrel
Surefire SOCOM 3P flash hider (not technically correct but as close as I can get, the 4 prong on the actual guns is super hard to find as they only released a small # to the public)
KAC flip up front site TAUPE
EOTECH 553 TAN
Surefire M952V Tan

Still have to acquire
Rear BIUS (either KAC or MATECH)
Tango Down Mk46 Verticle grip FDE

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not a clone, but I thought you guys would get a kick out of this picture. I'm sure I posted this elsewhere already.

This was me unboxing new "surplus" rifles.

all three, brand new, still coated in cosmoline.
Very nice!!! I take it the DRMO to LE lend lease program?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yes, DRMO program. All three are still full auto. I've kept one in STOCK format for nostalgia. The other two I put collapsible stocks on and I should be getting my 14.5 and 10.5 LMT uppers in soon.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
MK18 Mod1 clone build
I've posted this before but I'll add it here :wink:

Daniel Defense 10.3" barrel, MK18 handguard, and forward QD sling mount.
PRI low pro gasblock
LMT BCG
Bravo Company Mod4 charging handle (not spec)
Knights Armament RAS FDE front sight and 600m rear sight
TangoDown Mk46 Verticle grip FDE (short)
Aimpoint T1
Installed on my Knights Armament SBR lower till the stamp clears for this builds lower.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Well, I did not build a clone, I just waited patiently until FNH-USA decided to build it for us....

Ontario M9 Bayonet. Just in case someone says "Fix bayonets!" Like that is ever going to happen in my lifetime....

Closest thing we civilians can get to an M16A2 (unless one enlists, or likes filling out Federal paperwork) and without spending $15,000 for a transferable one with an automatic ammo eating switch...which is how we got on this topic....

Sorry for the cell phone picture - over at a friend's, reminiscing, knocking back some cold ones, watching the Battle of Texas, and comparing what is now to what started it all back then.... Remarkable similarities, really.

Nice thread, Caminator - I didn't build mine, but I have this thing about lifetime warranties...!

Attachments

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Clyde, you need to take that to the range, pull out the bayonet and fix it. Then say "just in case the targets rush us!" :shock:

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy
1 - 20 of 66 Posts