FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I popped off the factory handguard and intended to install the KAC picatinny rail but it appears there's no lugs for it to attach to. Apparently the civilian M249S can't accommodate it? Or am I overlooking something. Can't find the original KAC installation instructions online...

Trigger Musical instrument accessory Wood Air gun Gun barrel

·
Registered
43 Posts
It'll work. On the inside of the railed handguard, you will see a slot that the lug on the bottom (that has the hole in it that uses the pin on the plastic handguard) will fit into. Then, your railed handguard has some lugs on the sides that will fit into the holes on the sides of the receiver. Once you tighten the clamping screws on the railed handguard, those will lock into the holes and Bob's your uncle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'll work. On the inside of the railed handguard, you will see a slot that the lug on the bottom (that has the hole in it that uses the pin on the plastic handguard) will fit into. Then, your railed handguard has some lugs on the sides that will fit into the holes on the sides of the receiver. Once you tighten the clamping screws on the railed handguard, those will lock into the holes and Bob's your uncle.
Thanks for the reply. I can see the channel in the bottom of the KAC rail where the handguard pin hole lug sits, but when the KAC rails wrap around the sides of the receiver the little nubs just smash into the receiver wall... Are they supposed to sit like that? The are too low to make it into the vent hole circles. I attached a couple pics, kinda hard to explain. I appreciate your time!

Hood Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
43 Posts
Those two round lugs on the sides of the railed handguard should fit into two of the holes on the side of the receiver. The handguard should be able to move forward and backwards about 1/4" or so to allow them to fit into them (it's a loose fit, as the lugs are significantly smaller than the holes - by design). Once you have both sides on and tightened with the set screws, the handguard will be solid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those two round lugs on the sides of the railed handguard should fit into two of the holes on the side of the receiver. The handguard should be able to move forward and backwards about 1/4" or so to allow them to fit into them (it's a loose fit, as the lugs are significantly smaller than the holes - by design). Once you have both sides on and tightened with the set screws, the handguard will be solid.
I got it on there, thanks for taking the time to explain!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts