FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a list of parts that fit both the military M249 machine gun AND the M249S semi-auto? Just trying to assemble a list of spares. I understand that the barrels are interchangeable but not sure how many other parts do now that production models are actually shipping.

Thanks

·
Administrator
11,723 Posts
I have not seen anything so far. Check Midwest Gun works as we have heard that they will be the sole supplier of FN parts for civilians. What I have seen so far is not promising. As soon as we can get some accurate information on this, we will make it a sticky.

·
Registered
7 Posts
From what I read everything is the same between the M249 and M249S models except for the firing control parts necessary for the S version to fire semi-auto only from a closed-bolt. This is the message FN has been putting out in their descriptions of the M249S. Perhaps there are other subtle changes but FN says the guns come off the same lines and are the same but for the re-engineering for the closed bolt/semi-auto change.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
An LGS slash machine gun rental place here in Vegas had one for sale. They took it off the for sale market and are keeping it to rent out. I'm guessing they are going to convert it to full auto. Renting machine guns is their main attraction there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Biggest difference in the "S" is the additional rails in the lower receiver area - these block some forbidden parts from being installed and also provide the striker with rails to run on.

I was shocked that neither of the main receiver rails are thicker as a F/A denial feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts