FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was in the same boat with my 17s. 1 lgs had a 762 SDN 6 and another lgs had a Saker 762. To me it came down to price. The shop with the SDN 6 was going for MSRP ($$) and wouldn't budge on price. I decided to go with the Saker at other shop for well under MSRP. I also got a better deal on top due to that I purchased a Ti Rant 45 at same time. (NFA jail at this time) I know this doesn't help much, but my opinion you can't go wrong with either one. Just my .02, maybe someone else will have a better answer for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Saker is full auto rated as well.
See Saker - SilencerCo

And Saker has changable mounts and a changeable front cap. Newer, supposedly stronger steel. I don't own a M4-2000 but have both a 762SD and a Saker. I like both but if I could do it over again, I would only own the Saker. (It wasn't around when I got my AAC.) Why? Because the Saker doesn't wobble like the AAC does and therefore has less POI shift. The best advice I can give is to go to a shop that has both. Mount both on a rifle and see how much they wobble.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I would go with a saker. My AAC cans latches seem to be crapping out and they wobble all over the place. Sakers have a 1000x better mounting system. Silencerco has outstanding Customer service . AAC CS has been going downhill and it is hard to get ahold of a human being when you need to chat with them

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Both suppressors are good and would give you years of service, I have a M4-1000 that AAC recored and changed the mount to the M4-2000 setup and I'm really happy with it. The SAKER556 is a newer suppressor and is capable of taking a hell of a lot of abuse from what I've seen.

I am going to add a SAKER556 suppressor and the MADD 51T mount end but here's the thing that might help push you one way over the other.

No matter what some day you WILL get an endcap strike, if you shoot and you shoot a good bit, it is going to happen. With the SAKER556 you don't have to deal with sending the suppressor back and deal with customer service (even though SilencerCo is top notch) you can just swap out the damaged endcap and keep going ( this is as long as it's just the endcap damaged)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark McWillis
If I were a F4 buyer I'd get the Saker 7.62 and never look back. Actually quieter than the 5.56, with the 5.56 end cap, and MUCH more versatile. YMMV. As noted above the Saker mounts are much better than the AAC 51T.

Thats what i did!

As did I!!

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I were a F4 buyer I'd get the Saker 7.62 and never look back. Actually quieter than the 5.56, with the 5.56 end cap, and MUCH more versatile. YMMV. As noted above the Saker mounts are much better than the AAC 51T.
I would go this route but I already have an 762 SDN-6. So, I was thinking dedicated 5.56/.223 can.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
If you don't own a 5.56 suppressor I would:
Go with a 7.62 Saker and just change endcaps when I wanted make a switch between 5.56 and 7.62 - 2 suppressors in one / better engagement as a QD
BONUS - you can make it a thread on AND with another tail end change - use AAC 51t mounts....if you already have a few of those

If I was suppressing a DI 5.56 then M42K - for now still one of the best as a dedicated 5.56 (this is where mine stays on a 10.5") and if you have OCD the downside here is the 'wobble' and its a one trick pony

That said - suppressor technology is like computer technology - you may get the latest and greatest - but sure enough as soon as you get your tax stamp.... there is something better

I would look for the following:
1 .30 suppressor that with a endcap change can go from 5.56 to 7.62 - as we have seen by metering data... .30 caliber guts with a 5.56 aperture = great db reduction and less blowback
Materials - they just get better and lighter - heck you can get the above features and the same suppressor rated up to 300WM
Modular - when Rugged gets their suppressor in stocking dealers - you will have a suppressor have ALL of the above and can reduce the length when you want to run a shorter suppressor

I own quite a few pistol / rim fire / center fire suppressors..... If I could do it again or had the choices you have now ... I would atleast do 1 .30 suppressor that can 2 jobs and buy another rim fire suppressor (.22 suppressor is the one that will make all your boyish giggly fun dreams come true)

Saker - lol yea you can use on AAC mounts that's bonus - as you will find if you stay in the NFA game mounts/thread adapters/pistons/spacers ...it can add up quick and have your wallet cringe

You have a lot of choices - and only one tax stamp - a wait - and then the your stuck with it.... choose wisely ;)

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
That said - suppressor technology is like computer technology - you may get the latest and greatest - but sure enough as soon as you get your tax stamp.... there is something better
This is what I say all the time. In the end unless you have shot a lot of different silencers then you won't be disappointed. If you have shot several different ones then you already know what you like.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was trying to look for something more compact for the 5.56 rifles. That's why I was leaning towards a dedicated 5.56 can. I did notice the 7.62 saker is a little longer and heavier but not much.

After looking at the saker k I'm even more perplexed about my decision. It seems the k has even better db reduction than the other two and it's the smallest package.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh yes, my mistake, I was reading it wrong. That's what I get for reading product descriptions on two hours sleep.

I was thinking to myself that it didn't make sense.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You don't really mention your application (SBR, 16" gun, Bolt action) but 3 weeks ago I was in the same boat you were in. I currently own the SDN-6 for my 9" 300 BLK build and just built a 10.5" 5.56 SBR and was debating on the M4-2000 but wasn't sure if it was enough of a difference in size and weight to make it worth the purchase and tax stamp. I'm going to throw in the mix the AAC Mini 4. I just ordered one and am waiting for it to get to my dealer. It's even lighter then the M4-2000 (13.5 oz) and smaller (only adds 3" to the length of the gun!). I don't know how it compares to the saker or saker K but Silencer shop did a test of the M4-2000 and one on the mini 4 and the mini 4 was actually 1/2 a decibel quieter at the ear then the M42k on a 16" gun. Neither of which were hearing safe at the ear (specially on a SBR) so for me if I have to run with hearing protection might as well go smaller and lighter package. I was able to pick it up the mini 4 for $479! I cant comment on how it sounds in person yet but thanks to Jeremy at the Silencer shop testing. AAC Mini 4 Review. VS M4-2000 AAC M4-2000 Review

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks – I'm pretty much sold on the Sekar but now everybody has me questioning.5.56 or 7.62. If I didn't already have the SDN 6 I would go with the 7.62 but I really like the small package of the 5.56.

It's just that the versatility of the 7.62 and the fact that it's only a bit longer and heavier make it hard to over look.

Now this thread is taking the form of Saker or Saker!

Applications would be 16" AR, 16s and potentially and SBR someday.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I tell people to buy for what you use the most. If you don't shoot 30 cal then the only reason is decreased back pressure. Short answer is if you shoot a lot of 5.56 then go with a silencer that is designed for 5.56 not 30 cal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts