FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that the mag disconnect makes the trigger feel a little heavy...is this a gun smith job only or has anyone done it themself??? thanks! if it is guns smith only does anyone remember what they paid? roughly...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I did it myself. It took less than 1/2 hour. I got my information here

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=133740

and a few other places. Search around.

Simply, remove trigger, remove disconnect from trigger, re-install trigger.
You will need a quality punch set, and a few other tools.
Pay attention to the details of the instructions.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, don't. A smith shouldn't charge toooo much.

It made a big difference in my trigger, glad I did it. :D

·
Banned
151 Posts
Uncle Screwtape, Thanks for the thread. I did it to mine and not only did it make the trigger sweet now the mags fall freely.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wow!!!! I just took my mag disconnect off. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!::!!!:: That little pin was a pain in the rump to get out though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow!!!! I just took my mag disconnect off. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!::!!!:: That little pin was a pain in the rump to get out though.
Of my three Hi-Powers, OK, well my two and the FEG clone, I've only needed to remove the disconnect from the FEG. The other two have been just fine with them installed.

--
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Removing the disconnect is the very first thing I do on any HP I buy. It's pointless IMO and has the already listed disadvantages

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Tried it and can't get the trigger pin to move at all. So i'll cheat. I'm going to have a custom finish put on the pistol and i'll let them remove the mag safety. :D

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
jhs27275 said:
Tried it and can't get the trigger pin to move at all. So i'll cheat. I'm going to have a custom finish put on the pistol and i'll let them remove the mag safety. :D
Cheater :-D

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
:?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts