FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble with my five seven mag catch after the spring slipped out like everyone else, l had a hard time putting it back in but i finally got back in there but after getting a 30 round promag last night every time i loaded a round into the chamber the mag would fall when the slide dropped then i tried my fn mags and they started doing the same is it possible i weakend the spring trying to get in back in there without the proper tool? I really dont have the 35 bucks to spend on the spring and mag catch but is that my only option? Any help would be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah after futher examination its not even the spring its the mag catch itself it has like a little ramp where it should lock into the mag so i guess the bounce from the slide makes it come loose it sucks that such an expensive gun after all the mags and ammo still requires $40 on such a stupid part to work

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Yeah after futher examination its not even the spring its the mag catch itself it has like a little ramp where it should lock into the mag so i guess the bounce from the slide makes it come loose it sucks that such an expensive gun after all the mags and ammo still requires $40 on such a stupid part to work
Well that stupid part is an upgrade and cures the problem that the USG's had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts