FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice if using a Magazine Parts replacement spring reduced the number of rounds in your magazine by 1, for a total of 49 instead of 50 rounds?

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Now I have to install one and load it up to see. :roll:

I have 16 Mag Parts springs.

UPDATE: I was able to load all 50 rounds without any trouble. :?

·
Registered
475 Posts
i haven't tried either but i have spare spring for every mag i load, if i get time i will try

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't have my PS90 yet to look at it, but I have seen a couple people replace springs in other mags and lose 1 round of capacity. In all of these cases I was able to solve the problem by opening the mag and re-assembling it. Make sure that the spring is properly seated all of the way.

Again though, I don't have a PS90 just yet (but soon) so I don't know how the mags are designed, it may not be possible to not have the springs inserted properly/all the way into the follower. I figure it is worth checking though.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I have a couple of these springs as well but I am able to load 50 in them :?

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
cryptk said:
I don't have my PS90 yet to look at it, but I have seen a couple people replace springs in other mags and lose 1 round of capacity. In all of these cases I was able to solve the problem by opening the mag and re-assembling it.
Yes, that has happened to me before, and that is the fix

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I'll have to look into this. I could swear I seated everything properly when I put in the new springs, but I guess I could have screwed something up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.