FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it make any difference if you leave your mags loaded all the time? Will that affect them in anyway (weaken springs)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
the one thing i have noticed is the mags are no longer drop free if loaded. the mag body swells. if i remove the bullets it drops free easily.
Dont like it but thats how it is

·
Registered
480 Posts
If your magazines do not drop free from your FNX-45/ Tactical then try the following: clean the pistol inside where the magazine is inserted, check the slide stop lever to make sure it is clean and functions properly without too much resistance (slide stop meets the outside frame check for rubbing bend slide stop and or lube with Sli-Glyde/dielectric grease, if not polish and/or oil if necessary where the slide stop meets the trigger assembly or weak stop lever spring), try lubricating the outside of the magazine dry to touch (this can be dangerous or use something that will allow the magazine to glide better out of the pistol) or weak magazine spring. My FNX-45 Tactical freely ejected my magazines empty, 10 Rnds of 230gr and 15 Rnds of 185gr but noticed when loaded with 15 rounds of 230gr ammo it did not drop as freely. I found the left slide stop lever rubbing in the frame so I bent it slightly and lubricated the frame with Sli-Glyde grease and I put a very light coating of oil on the magazines (dry to the touch), now 15 round 230gr magazines drop freely with more force.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts