FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel my mag release button is a bit too tall on my FNX 45. Any ideas to make it fit more flush with the grip. Has anyone milled it down or Dremeled it more flush, if so, how much material can I remove, is it solid under the knurling. Thanks

· Registered
37 Posts
My FNX's mag release feels perfect , but my G22 Glock's was too shallow in original configuration. I ended up buying an aftermarket extended mag release button but then the button was too tall and the edges felt too squared. I ended up taking a file and rounding all the corners and now I like it. Maybe you can do the same to your FNX ?

· Registered
76 Posts
Has anyone noticed (at least mine does this), that the empty mag does not fall out of the well until you release pressure from the button. I thought they all worked that once you push on that button the mag should instantly drop.

· Registered
11,165 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone noticed (at least mine does this), that the empty mag does not fall out of the well until you release pressure from the button. I thought they all worked that once you push on that button the mag should instantly drop.
I just got mine and took it to the range for the first time last night. I had read about this issue but could not replicate in on my gun. All magazines dropped clear no matter how I pressed the release.

· Registered
76 Posts
I did in fact look at that thread, but it was (initially) dealing with problems inserting the mag. I've never had that issue. I didn't go any farther than the first page. I took the time this morning to read it all, and I think around post 69 is when the release issue was mentioned.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My mag button function great, full or empty it's never an issue. what is an issue is when the gun is holstered the button stands too proud of the grip and on occasion be inadvertently push in and the magazine come out. Anyone ever had this happen?

· Registered
2 Posts
My mag button function great, full or empty it's never an issue. what is an issue is when the gun is holstered the button stands too proud of the grip and on occasion be inadvertently push in and the magazine come out. Anyone ever had this happen?
Unfortunately Yes
My Kydex holster causes it to disengage all the time.
Ask FN if a stronger spring was available...
They said no
Blamed it on my grip...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.