FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can save yourself a few buck by cutting the 30rd floorplate down if you aren't too attached to it in its present configuration. It takes all of about a minute with a dremel tool. :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Texas Armadillo said:
http://mpftech.4gunlovers.com/index.html?182.html&1

TA
Long time lurker.....might as well contribute. This has been discussed several times, but....

I'd view this thread http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=362 before making up your mind. I found one on GunBroker that looked like a factory piece for only $5 :shock:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=72925130

Many have suggested to do a cut and glue job which looks like a pain to me.....I prefer to pay someone to do trivial tasks for me, so I paid a few $ for a quality part. I just can't see using super glue on a $1600 gun.

That company also sent me a coupon for 15% off from their site, which I gladly used.

Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
But MPF tech is one of our sponsors and theirs is just a couple of dollars more. And they many other good products for the PS90. :D

TA

·
Registered
857 Posts
i made them myself - took all of 5 minutes
just fround a stiff piece of scrap plastic and those little sitck on rubber 1/2 ball thingy ma giggys you usually put on cabinet doors

·
Registered
980 Posts
It couldn't have taken me more that 2 or 3 minutes to modify my own. I'll invest that much time before spending 8 bucks. My time would have to be worth more than $240 an hour before buying the part becomes an economical solution. Hell, in the time it takes to order the part you could make your own. And the homemade looks better because it's made out of the same kind of plastic as the rest of the mag.
If you need instructions let me know. All you need is a saw. The super-glue isn't even necessary.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Here are three pictures that illustrate the DIY process. Make sure you unload the mag first.

The spring doesn't need to be attached to the floor plate for mag to function normally. This 1 minute mod doesn't include an attachment point for the spring. Having the floor plate attached to the spring is handy because you are less likely to lose that small part during a mag disassembly in field conditions. If you are worried about losing the floor plate during magazine field strips, this is where the super glue comes in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok, thanks...that's easy enough. I know it's only a couple of bucks to buy a new floor plate for the conversion. But by the time you made the order, you'd have yours done already, (besides I just like tinkering with my "toys" :D ). I read some people were using superglue for this.....was that to just glue the two ends of the "plug" together so the spring would be attached?

·
Registered
980 Posts
hkuspc9 said:
I read some people were using superglue for this.....was that to just glue the two ends of the "plug" together so the spring would be attached?
Yeah, or they just use the inside end of the plug, and glue a retaining knob on there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts