FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have put myself in the cue at CMMG for two twenty round mags . This was before Xmas and am still waiting. Called FNHUSA and was told they would be in soon for distribution. Months have gone by since! I certainly would like a few before they are banned. :(

Tony

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was told in the Sprng.

Not sure but April is probably when we will see 20 round mags.

Everyone on this forum has orders pending.

Lets hope, that Congress cannot get it together to pass the new AWB, until next year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought two at the local gun show here last weekend for $49.95 a piece. I suggest trying that route cause i haven't had any luck on the internet either.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just ordered three from cmmg the other day. I am setting in for a long waite. Don't know why FN can't just have some of their employees work some OT twice a month to up production. Maybe OT is against the law in Belgum. :-D

I can have AR mags at my door in four days. WHo knows......

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered 2 10rd mags from AGR last week. I received a UPS tracking number for them today. I also ordered 4 20rd mags in another order from AGR a couple weeks ago, however I received notice that these are on backorder with no ETA.

·
Registered
197 Posts
AGR still looks good to me...

I ordered 2 20-rd and 2 10-rd FNAR mags from AGR ~ 1 Feb '09. Received the UPS "Quantum" shipping notice by E-mail yesterday 13 Feb.

·
Registered
197 Posts
CORRECTION - Only the 10-rnd mags shipped from AGR !

CORRECTION:

I spoke with Gary at AGR today, and he said that only the two 10-rnd mags shipped last week. My two 20-rnd mags are in the que with everybody else's. OOPS! Sorry if I misled anyone. Gary said he has a bunch of 20-rounders coming in, hopefully soon.

Gary is a good guy to do business with. I am sure he'll make it right as soon as possible.

Bill

·
Registered
197 Posts
Repeat of post over on the "10-round mag" thread

Tonzen,

The $155 price on GunBroker (other thread) is not FNH's fault - that's just some "scalper". The correct price, in these "Obama-noid" times is $44-47, as mentioned above.

My purchase of an FNAR was not my first purchase of an FNH product, and "this" is not typical of how they take care of their customers. I assume you are referring to the lack of availablity of FNAR magazines when you speak of "taking care of customers".

I cannot speak for FNH, but I bet they are learning a lesson about the "evil black rifle" (EBR) domestic/civilian market. First of all, the FNAR was not originally conceived as an EBR - it was a police designated marksman rifle (DMR), only colored black to blend in with the other "tactical" gear SWAT teams carry. If a SWAT Team DMR guy has to fire more than 20 rounds of .308, something has gone very wrong and it's long past time to call out the National Guard! By contrast, we EBR civies are all magazine hoarders, in case the dreaded (welcomed?) SHTF event happens. We might need them to dispatch hordes of zombies or some such. FNH's Marketing/Product Planning Dept. probably had no idea they needed to build 10 mags for every rifle!! Now they know! Believe me, their profit margin on mags is probably 5X what it is on the rifles (%-basis), and they WISH they had them to sell now.

Make sense now? FNH outsmarted themselves, I guess.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
I will sell one of my 20 round mags for $153 if that helps....

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
You know I do know several other FNAR buyers like me... that bought the rifle when it first came out..... ordered the 20 rounders the same day my new rifle came in.

No wonder they are out of them. I bought 4 myself. I would imagine a lot of other guys like me didn't just buy 1 or 2. That works out to a lot of mags.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would agree with you that most FNAR owners purchased 4-6 extra 20 rounders when they bought their rifle.

It could be worse. I was told a rumor at the local gun show last month. That Magpul has over 1,000,000 PMags on backorder.

FN told me the 20 rounders will be available this spring. March 20th is the first day of spring. I bet they sell every 20 round mag within two weeks of this next batch.

·
Registered
197 Posts
AGR

Well, I already said "yes", I think so. Gary Lovetro seems like an alright guy and has been in business 18 years, he says. Besides my orders with AGR that are already filled or still pending, I would definitely look to AGR in my top three suppliers for any next purchase. Guess that's all I can say. Better let somebody else speak. Anyone go back 18 years with AGR?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts