FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out if anyone here has had luck with any particular magazine loader.

Is there any type or brand that someone has used successfully to load 5.7 mags?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
I'm trying to find out if anyone here has had luck with any particular magazine loader.

Is there any type or brand that someone has used successfully to load 5.7 mags?
The thumb is the only loader I know of.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
it loads like an AR magazine. Find one maybe to adapt it to the FSN, but it's really no necessary. 20 rounds load like cakse.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I hope you are loading it by pushing the round straight down into the mag like an AR mag, not from the front of the mag like usual psitol magazines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking here for a few days and enjoy the good information I've found here.

I think my new mags are just a little stiff in the spring department. I do enjoy using mag loaders (glock has a
great, simple design) to save wear and tear on my fingertips when mags are tight. Consistent with some other
guns I've owned, the last few rounds are sometimes a booger bear to load in to a new mag with a strong spring.

I'm going to take a mag to a LGS and see if any of the loaders sold for other guns can be adapted to work with . I'll report back after I do.

The lowest price I've been able to find on 20 rd mails mail order is $27 with free shipping and no tax. I've ordered a couple
of extra mags with the 10 round extensions, so it'll be interesting to see how easy they load up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope you are loading it by pushing the round straight down into the mag like an AR mag, not from the front of the mag like usual psitol magazines.
Thanks for that tip. It works much better that way, and now I no longer have a quest for a mag loader.​

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great to hear.
As you will find out now, the Fiveseven mag is one of the quickest mags to load.
As Ed McMahon used to tell Johnny Carson's character Karnac, "You are correct, sir." Duh. I don't know why I didn't figure it out in the first
place, but once I did as you indicated, it was speedy fast and painless on my fingers to load the FN mags. Thanks again. I look forward to
learning more on this forum, and i've already learned quite a bit from reading past threads. Of course, now I want the FN rifle shooting this
cartridge :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts