FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm no engineer so don't flame me. I have a PS90 idea I wanted to float. If you look at the bottom of the magazine there is a small cup that fits into a nipple on the receiver just forward of the well(loading chamber). When you depress the Magazine catch you have to pick up on on the magazine to get it out of the well to change mags. Why couldn't you put a spring inside of the cup of the magazine or around the nipple, so that when you depress the magazine catch the mag would pop up?

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice idea, I would have to look at it to say for certain, but I think there would not be much room for the spring that would be needed to have enough pressure to "pop" the mag up. You can allways try it. Hopefully no one takes you idea from you and makes a mint.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if some one can make a million bucks out of a .02 cent spring, have at it. However any future ideas will cost ya. :-D

·
Vendor
5,704 Posts
Just made a spring that fits pretty tight.
Works GREAT!! :shock:

Anyone can do it. It does help with the magazine extraction.

Great Idea! Plus Karma for you.

PM me and I'll send you one if you can't make it yourself. :?

Here are some pics

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
M1P90,

Thanks for trying that and posting photos! :?

I guess you would have to tinker and find the right size spring with tension for it to work flawlessly. I wonder in a "quick change" situation will the spring get in the way and slow you down or possibly jam things up so as to prevent the mag from seatign properly, thus wasting time.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'd make sure that there is some sort of method of retention on that spring so it doesn't end up in the action of your gun. Besides, your hand is already over the magazine when you push in the mag release, it doesn't take much more to just wrap your hand around it and pull it off.

Innovative though, needs refining, as would be expected.

Zhur

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
imschur said:
I see d cell maglites everywhere losing battery springs :lol:
It actually looks like its an AA size spring.

I wonder how it works with a double mag, with the extra weight of one mag full, to do a mag flip change. Just have to find the right tension spring I guess.

·
Vendor
5,704 Posts
There is a little more pressure required to seat the mag but not that great.
If you usually slap the mag into place you really wont notice a difference.

It's a nice little gizmo which helps... but if you practice pulling the mag out ( without the gizmo ) it is just as fast.

My observation is that it does help and it does stay in place and does not interfear with quick loading.

Also, a sure fire way to make sure the gizmo doesn't come off is to make a small notch into the base of the round nipple so the spring can lock into place. The one I made is very tight (without making the notch) and has not come off yet.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will admit that I do have a real neat Idea for another Mod. for the PS90 that I think would be a real money maker, but I'm having a problem finding the right design that would be compact enough and yet be durable enough to work consistantly. :cool:

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Cool, I wonder what it might be, but just have to wait.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts