FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one attempted to modify a 50 round mag to 20 rounds in my state you can only open carry is if your mag has 20 or less.

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
Just curious, you want/wish/need to open carry a PS90?

Now don't get me wrong here. I'm all for constitutional/open carry but could never wrap my head around open carrying a rifle/carbine unless there was an absolute need. 'Cause, they just don't holster well at all or fit in a pocket too well, either. Just sayin'...

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
@llalop8, Out of an abundance of curiosity I felt compelled to confirm your statement of 20 rounds for open carry. Of the 9 states that restrict magazine capacity not a one allows 20 rounds.

Houston!?! We have a problem!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has any one attempted to modify a 50 round mag to 20 rounds in my state you can only open carry is if your mag has 20 or less.
Background Information
Richmond Va. 2020

On Monday, thousands of gun rights supporters will descend on Richmond, Virginia, for the Virginia Citizens Defense League’s annual Lobby Day.
And so will a host of militia groups, conspiracy theorists, and far-right extremists, some of whom believe the rally in Richmond will represent
the first shot of a new civil war, or as some users of the /pol/ forum term it, “boogaloo.”

In response, the governor of Virginia, Ralph Northam, has declared a state of emergency for Monday due to intelligence he says shows “a threat of an armed militia groups storming our capital.”
One member of the Virginia General Assembly was so beset by death threats that he is currently staying in a safe house. The organizer of the rally is concerned enough to emphasize on a
popular gun site that Monday’s rally is supposed to be a “peaceful event about gun rights and NOTHING ELSE.” It should be understood that this event has been held without insident for the past 16 years!

On Thursday, the FBI announced the arrest of three white nationalists in Maryland, members of a neo-Nazi training network called the Base — the English translation of the Arabic term “al-Qaeda.”
The three, including one former Canadian army reservist who went missing last summer, were allegedly heading to Richmond. According to the FBI, they had recently constructed a machine gun
and obtained thousands of rounds of ammunition and body armor. Three more members of the network were arrested on Thursday in Georgia.

§ 18.2-287.4. Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited; penalty.
It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a loaded (a) semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped
at the time of the offense with a magazine that will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock or (b) shotgun with
a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered on or about his person on any public street, road, alley, sidewalk, public right-of-way, or in any public park
or any other place of whatever nature that is open to the public in the Cities of Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax, Falls Church, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, or Virginia Beach or in the Counties of Arlington,
Fairfax, Henrico, Loudoun, or Prince William.
The provisions of this section shall not apply to law-enforcement officers, licensed security guards, military personnel in the performance of their lawful duties, or any person having a valid concealed handgun permit
or to any person actually engaged in lawful hunting or lawful recreational shooting activities at an established shooting range or shooting contest. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a
Class 1 misdemeanor.
This year VCDL was blocked from attending by the legislature with some underhanded application manipulation. So there will be no rally or Lobbing allowed by VCDL.
So I plan on going to Richmond on January 18th and just strolling around outside the lobby day area to show support. I don't have an AR but would like to carry my PS-90 and FN 5.7 just to represent for those who won't be there because there is no permit allowed so we have to be there for ourselves.

·
Premium Member
14,048 Posts
This year VCDL was blocked from attending by the legislature with some underhanded application manipulation. So there will be no rally or Lobbing allowed by VCDL.
So I plan on going to Richmond on January 18th and just strolling around outside the lobby day area to show support. I don't have an AR but would like to carry my PS-90 and FN 5.7 just to represent for those who won't be there because there is no permit allowed so we have to be there for ourselves.
Good luck with that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts