FN Herstal Firearms banner

Who bit on the Magazine Parts brass catcher deal?

• I did and got mine!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did and continue to wait patiently for it.

• I did, never got it, and am seeking a refund.

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
No Ship

yeah he sent shipping info right away with A tracking number but never sent it. i think he is just collecting money for his house payment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Magazines.com

I think it's wonderful that some of you have received your part orders, but that does nothing for us who are still waiting without any answer to our e-mail's. There is not a answering machine on the phone. (business 101) This has nothing to do with lack of parts but instead lack of business acumen and courtesy, why don't you guys let Mike Hammer answer for himself or he can return the monies!!

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
Magazineparts is a quality company. Right now they are having a little staffing problem and are waiting on some parts to finnish production items. I, just being in the production business myself, have been handed a whole lot of unforseen setbecks because of delivery issues. Some taking several months to get parts vs several weeks as was prommised.
Please be patient as Mike will fill your orders as soon as he gets the neccessary parts. His products are well worth the wait. IMHO! :?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have purchased several accessories for my PS90 from them in the past year and have had excelent service. It sounds like this is a temporary problem with service. I would not hesitate to order from them again.
Rob :?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Dear members,

as you can see, we will not protect any manufacturer or a sponsor of this forum if there is a believable cause for consern.

In this case, I have communicated my concern to Mike Hammer and pursuant that subject he stated that he will resolve the issue.

I want this forum to be transparent. On behalf of FNF - we appologise for any delays you may be experiencing due to our sponsor(s) lack of business acumen. We cannot be however held accountable for any loss. If this practice continues, all we can do is remove the sponsor(s) to protect the customer and valued members of our community.

-TH

·
Registered
57 Posts
I received an email response (several actually) from Mike and truly believe it is a manufacturing delay. I have spoken to several members of the forum about this situation and all off them have said that Mike is a good guy and will take care of people.

I think we have to keep in mind that there are a lot of steps that go into the manufacturing process and nearly ALL of those steps are usually out of the distributor's hands. This is a new product for MagazineParts and instead of selling the original catcher, he is offering us a zippered version which is available in several colors/camos for the same price.

I may end up with egg on my face for supporting Mike, but as far as I can see the guy is trying to get this taken care of.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I thank all of you who have been waiting patiently :) . As I've stated in my emails, the forum, and on my website, they're shipping this week.

The reason for the delay, as previously stated, was for the incorporation of a zipper in the bottom of the bag. This will actually hold up to about 120 rounds of brass, and the factory style retention device isn't adequate enough to hold it all.

The product was delayed so you, the customer, could end up with a better product. I'm sorry you had to wait a little bit longer than anticipated, but I wanted to make sure you receive a product that will last the life of the weapon. ALL orders pending on the Brass Catcher will be shipped by the end of this week!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am with M1P90 and Muffy on this- there seems to certain things in the Mfg world that are out of your control- I know, this is what I am facing at the moment.
Mike is a stand up guy- no matter what, he will make it right and you will never get the shaft from him.

Be patient..it will be there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
shaft

already have and it had nothing to do with a brass catcher meaning other parts that I have not received since you guys have so much advice how about another supplier?

·
Registered
40 Posts
still no sign of mine heres an idea if your not ready to release a product then don't take peoples money your not the IRS you cant just hold peoples money. its like selling a car you don't have. hmm not so legal. but whatever i guess we are all rich here

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks guys. Per my previous post, all brass catchers have already shipped out.

Any time something is being pre-sold, it's clearly listed in the "status" box of the product on its respective page of the website. If something is out of stock, it too is listed on the page.

ALL PRE ORDER ITEMS are listed with a tentative release date. Initial pre-order ETAs are based off of the times quoted by any combination of the numerous companies I use to put together products for me. The brass catcher in particular was the culmination of efforts between 7 different companies, including my own. In all, I contacted no less than 110 different companies for this product to come together.

I always price pre-orders at a discounted rate since there will be a waiting period while the product is finished. I will never allow the pre-order of a product unless I know it’s a 100% for-sure deal with all suppliers onboard. Again, release dates are tentative, the final product isn’t.

The pre-order price for our Brass Catcher remains in effect until the evening of Monday, March 3rd.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for shipping Mike. I was not in a hurry to get mine, but I definately understand how others were. I would have been going out of my mind waiting if it were not for the ATF and silencer mfgs. Waiting for form 4's has increased my patience for all things gun related. You almost always get what you put your money up front for- eventually.

Hope these weren't too much of a pain in the ass to produce for the handfull of pre order grumblings here. Your other stuff looks great. Keep the new products comming.

I look forward to getting mine and spending less time picking up brass and my wife will be happier without the brass stain dribbles on my shirt.

With the product changes you made from the original (oversize to 120 rounds and add zipper), a review is in order to help folks decide which one is right for them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
biologist said:
Thanks for shipping Mike.

Hope these weren't too much of a pain in the ass to produce for the handfull of pre order grumblings here. Your other stuff looks great. Keep the new products comming.

I look forward to getting mine and spending less time picking up brass and my wife will be happier without the brass stain dribbles on my shirt.
Thanks. Though I'd rather have everyone 110% satisfied, the forum grumblings aren't too much of a concern. It represents another post regarding my products and it actually draws customers in. I've come across enough people that I understand there are those out there who wouldn't be happy with a genie and 3 wishes. :D

I like to let everyone know that I stay quite busy and they WILL be satisfied, but I am human. There is a possibility for something to slip by, but I'll right it as soon as possible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I received my brass catcher and other items from MagParts today and it works great. Worth the wait. Thanks Mike.

·
Registered
214 Posts
:) Glad to hear it guys! Shipped over a hundred of them last week and the orders are still coming! I've got 4 colors in all, but everyone seems to want black.

Army Digi Camo, Woodland Camo, and PS90 Green also available!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts