FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at the bookstore, and I read a review of the Five-Seven, PS90 and the 5.7 ammo. Interesting article. Anyway, if U are interested, it's in the magazine: Tactical Magazine - Winter 2006. It has a S&W M&P on the cover (about 4 or 5 gun mags this month has that gun on the cover).

All in all - the ballistic tests for the pistol wasn't that great. Pretty good for the PS90. The 197 ammo was so so. Unfortunately, they only tested the 190 (law enforcement) round. They ran outta ballistic gel to test the 195. I was hoping to see that. Oh well.

The 197 still gave a respectable performance, but the 190 was really, really impressive. As I said above - I would have loved to see the performance of the 195.

Anyway - go check out the article. The guy had some interesting perceptions of the PS90. It sounded like he tried the guns back in Feb 06.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Man, that was disappointing. I keep hoping for a comprehensive comparison of 5.7x28 and other defensive calibers. They shot TWO Bullet Test Tubes and didn't show sectional views? Why bother?

Sounds like the author had no former knowledge of the P90. He thought the Ring Sight had no adjustment and didn't know the rifle had backup sights. He never discovered the dust cover also worked as a bolt hold open, but then I didn't know that until months after getting my PS90 :D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think the article is online.

I can go back tomorrow and look at the price of the mag. If U send me the cash, I'll buy U a copy and send it to U.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts