FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at magazineparts.com and I noticed they have a red dot sight for sale for $60. I am going to buy an eotech sight in about 1 month but in the mean time I just wanted a cheaper sight to take to the range.

So my question is, Will this sight mount on my PS90 TR and then I am good to go?

or is this sight designed for the USG model and it somehow amplifies its features? If it is made for and works good with the TR then I am all over this sight in the mean time before I get my eotech.

http://www.magazineparts.com/productDisplay.php?id=CS

Thanks for the help! :)

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
It will fit on there just fine.

However - 511 Eotechs can be had for just over $300. maybe you should just wait and keep saving.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ShipWreck said:
It will fit on there just fine.

However - 511 Eotechs can be had for just over $300. maybe you should just wait and keep saving.
Thanks Ship, I think I will wait, especially after reading the "Magazine Parts ?" thread. There is absolutely no way he would get my business now. I will just wait to get my eotech.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
der_judn said:
Yeah definitely wait on the eotech, cheap knockoff's aren't worth it.
After reading as much as I have if you want a red dot holo sight, Eotech is the way to go. At first I was leaning towards a CMore and I had almost no knowledge about holographic sights. After doing as much research as I have on sights recently, Eotech has become the strong winner. I can't wait to get one. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Just make sure you get an eotech that has the recall fix or that isn't in the recall list.
From L3 the recall states, "potential intermittent shut-off or a potential shut-down of the sight while under recoil after several thousand rounds"
I think revision "F" is fine but don't quote me on that.
Maybe someone that knows can chime in.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yes, "Revision "F" is ok. And, Revision F has been out for a while. I bought mine in 2006. SO, I don't think this is much of an issue anymore.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tqtran said:
Yeah but you never know how long a store has had something sit on its shelves.
That is a very good point. I will be buying online but I will make sure to get the correct series. Thank you for that! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
also consider the bushnell XLP. its a great optic for the ps90.

i have one mounted on a larue LT-110 mount, which brings it to just the right hight for me.

this is mine :

and heres another pic thats also on the header of this page:

i also have an eotech 511 and 517, both work great on the ps90 as well.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the looks of that bushnell sight, it looks like it has a streamline design that fits the PS90's design really well. I haven't yet read anything on this but I definately will. Thanks man!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts