FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stunned that they are even still listed as a supporting vendor.

Over a month of attempted phone calls, emails, and forum posts, and not a single response.

$500 down the drain.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Re: These guys are a joke

ge2 said:
I'm stunned that they are even still listed as a supporting vendor.

Over a month of attempted phone calls, emails, and forum posts, and not a single response.

$500 down the drain.
We have been through this before. You have only 3 posts and already you are claiming to have lost $500.00.

I had an inquisition into this matter 3 months ago.
I am not here to defend or to accuse. I have invited all those parties that have lost money to PM me on each and every instance. Only ONE person came forward, and it was not even related to goods not shipped.

So please, PM me with the specific item(s) that were not shipped, your name and your claim for $500.00. I will investigate this matter. This is not an option for you anymore - failure to comply with my request will get you banned immediately.

Best,

-TH

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really sure what my post count has to do with anything, but I will certainly send you my email confirmation, and my pay pal deduction tomorrow (they are both on my work computer).

Very professional. Thanks.

:?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here you go, Hoss:

Greetings from MagazineParts,

Thank you for your purchase. Your order (80175-05-41520) will be processed and shipped within the next 1-5 days unless it contains a pre-order or out-of-stock item. Please allow up to 4 days delivery time for Priority Mail and up to 7 business days delivery time for First Class Mail.

MagazineParts.com Order number: 80175-05-41520 | Order contents listed below:
PE - 50 Round Magazine Conversion Plate | Price ea.: $8.95 | Qty: 2 | Subtotal: $17.90
SPNG - Replacement Magazine Spring | Price ea.: $4.85 | Qty: 2 | Subtotal: $9.70
HWA6V - HWA UltraFire 6V Tactical Light Package | Price ea.: $54.95 | Qty: 1 | Subtotal: $54.95
MC - Dual Magazine Clamp | Price ea.: $32.95 | Qty: 1 | Subtotal: $32.95
BC - MagParts Black High-Capacity Brass Catcher | Price ea.: $27.77 | Qty: 1 | Subtotal: $27.77
RS - Limited Edition Three Rail Set | Price ea.: $174.95 | Qty: 1 | Subtotal: $174.95
NFS - Fake Suppressor / Barrel Shroud | Price ea.: $149.95 | Qty: 1 | Subtotal: $149.95
---------------------------------------------
Shipping Method: Priority (2-4 days) Insured | Shipping: $15.81
Sales Tax (GA residents only): $0.00
Total: $483.98 (includes shipping fees, taxes, and discounts)

Order Placed: December 30, 2008, 12:47 pm CST | IP: 63.174.37.16
Payment Received: December 30, 2008, 12:52 pm CST

Customer Information:
Name: Greg Erickson
E-mail: [email protected]

Shipping address:
Greg Erickson
XXXX XXX XXXXX
XXXX, XX XXXXX

Notes:
Please send any available items now, and send (at my additional shipping cost) the back ordered items, when they arrive.
Also, if you have any of the Quad Rail packages for the PS90-- PLEASE CONTACT ME, as I would like to buy one ASAP! 206 XXX XXXX.

Thank you.

**If you receive a shipping notification from Paypal, and it contains a USPS Delivery Confirmation Number, it cannot be used to "track" the package. It is ONLY a Delivery Confirmation Number and updates AFTER the package is received by you.**

Feel free to contact us anytime if you have any additional questions.

Thanks again,

MagazineParts.com
Statesboro, Georgia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And from PayPal:

Use PayPal next time!
Our records indicate that you have a PayPal account. For future purchases, use your PayPal account for faster and easier checkout. Your financial information is securely stored and never shared with merchants when you pay.

Dear Greg Erickson,

This email confirms that you have paid Hammer MFG LLC $483.98 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *HAMMER MFG".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment details

Item Price: $468.17 USD
Total Shipping: $15.81 USD
Total: $483.98 USD
Order Description: MagazineParts.com Order #80175-05-41520
Buyer: Greg Erickson
Message: Please send any available items now, and send (at my additional shipping cost) the back ordered items, when they arrive.
Also, if you have any of the Quad Rail packages for the PS90-- PLEASE CONTACT ME, as I would like to buy one ASAP! 206 XXX XXXX.

Thank you.

Business information

Business: Hammer MFG LLC
Contact E-Mail: [email protected]

Your Unconfirmed Address

Shipping Info: Greg Erickson
X
X
X
X

Receipt Number: 2636-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Keep your receipt number for future reference. You will need it if you need customer service from Hammer MFG LLC or from PayPal.

If you have questions about your purchase, please contact the seller, Hammer MFG LLC at [email protected].

If you have been unable to resolve your questions with the merchant, PayPal offers a free buyer complaint resolution service that offers a quick, easy resolution to your concerns. It covers physical goods purchases made through PayPal, and is offered at no charge when you register for a free PayPal account. To sign up for an account, click on the 'Save My Information' link above.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

PayPal Email ID XXXXX
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good enough for you? Or do you still think I was trolling?

·
Administrator
12,117 Posts
I did not think that you were trolling. I can understand your frustration.

I have had several dealings with MagazineParts and all went without a hitch and I would use them again. Therm has offered to mediate for you with the sponsor and I think that you will get positive results.

Nuff said for now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think that it is great that Therm has stepped up to help you deal with this.
I'm new here, but from what I already know, he is an upright guy and will do what he says.

I have heard back from Mike at MagazineParts and we are working out my order details and the snags that are holding it up. I will let you know how it goes.

I still hate the way that PP deals with disputes. Getting your money back from them is like trying to pull a supertanker through a keyhole.

-MontanaSheriff

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
ge2 said:
Not really sure what my post count has to do with anything, but I will certainly send you my email confirmation, and my pay pal deduction tomorrow (they are both on my work computer).

Very professional. Thanks.

:?
I am in receipt of your claim. THANK YOU! I had to be curt due to the fact that I have spent countless hours resolving these issues last year only to find out that customers were not paying attention to the "OUT OF STOCK" and bought stuff from MP anyways.

Having said that, you have paid December 30, 2008, 12:52 pm CST .

Given some holidays, and shipping time, it's safe to say that your items are about 3-4 weeks overdue - not months. I do not know why I get the "months" in my head, but someone somewhere must have mentioned it.

SOOOOOOOO - I bet that 'one' or 'two' items you have are not in stock and your entire shipment is being held back. That is my hunch, knowing what has happened in the past.

Magazine parts is to have a representative PR person in their own forum that is supposedly checking in at least 3x a week. If you are not getting response to the status of your shipment, then THAT is a problem.

Understand - 99.99% of vendors are in production until 2010 JUST TO MEET outstanding orders - never mind new ones.

I am not here to defend Magazine Parts and for the record, they have been removed before for lackluster response. I will notify Mike that he may want to respond to your query as to where your shipment is - considering it's value. If it was under $100, I would really not bother anyone.

I hope this helps, please keep me posted via PM !!!!

Best,

-TH

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hello Mr. Erickson,

We value your business and appreciate your order. Your order was processed along with hundreds of others that have moved through the queue since the election. We process orders first by priority, and then by stock status. Product is flying out of here faster than we can get it in. Our product shipments are well into the thousands since the election. I can't tell you the exact day that your order went out, but it is showing in possession of the USPS.

I can tell you it was probably the end of last week sometime as that's when our last batch came in from the anodizer. We have more products coming in at the end of this week and the first of next, but that doesn't affect your inbound shipment.

When we process the order, USPS kicks out an email to you if your item was shipped via Priority (which it was) as well as having the ability to click a track button in paypal by viewing the transaction (if you have an account).

Please keep in mind, the USPS uses DELIVERY CONFIRMATION and isn’t an actual tracking system, though updates do occasionally appear in the system. I’ve personally found that most items are delivered before the system updates anything. I’ve also seen items “Delivered” days before they actually reach someone’s box.
Please keep in mind that we are a Manufacturer, and we’re not just a sales outlet. When we state an expected “ready” date for a product, it does not (and cannot) take into account the any number of possibilities that may cause a delay including and most likely, a vendor delay.

We ship every order that we have stock for. If we encounter a delay for a product, we may, at our discretion, split an order and ship multiple packages based on stock. When we do this, we pay for the additional shipping. Your order was most likely delayed by sheer volume of orders, then by a product. I have more than tripled the amount of parts that we keep on-hand, and orders are no more than 1 day behind due to order volume currently. We do have 2 parts that are still out of stock until next week, at which point we expect to be back to same-day shipping.

Thank you for the opportunity to publicly respond to your concern.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mike has shipped my order and refunded the balance of what I no longer wanted.

I consider my order issues resolved.

-MontanaSheriff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While I certainly appreciate the response, this still doesn't justify the lack of response. If business is 'that' good for you, since the election, then hire someone to answer a phone, or check email once or twice a week. I have tried to contact you in every way possible. I also made it abundantly clear in my order (scroll up and re-read my order) that if ANY items were on backorder, send the ones you had, and send the next batch when they arrive AT MY EXPENSE.
Simply ridiculous.
Others may buy the fact that you're so overwhelmed that customer service has to suffer, but as a small business owner myself, I can tell you that you've got it wrong.

·
Registered
857 Posts
ge2 said:
While I certainly appreciate the response, this still doesn't justify the lack of response. If business is 'that' good for you, since the election, then hire someone to answer a phone, or check email once or twice a week. I have tried to contact you in every way possible. I also made it abundantly clear in my order (scroll up and re-read my order) that if ANY items were on backorder, send the ones you had, and send the next batch when they arrive AT MY EXPENSE.
Simply ridiculous.
Others may buy the fact that you're so overwhelmed that customer service has to suffer, but as a small business owner myself, I can tell you that you've got it wrong.
As a small business owner, I would second that.
Customer service is the single most important thing!

·
Registered
50 Posts
P90wn3r said:
We value your business and appreciate your order.

Thank you for the opportunity to publicly respond to your concern.
Hi,

Figured since you had posted here I would post up .

I placed an order on 18 Jan 2009 for items that all showed to be "In Stock" on your website. On 21 Jan 2009 I received notification from USPS that:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 21, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

I have tried calling and emailing your company with no response. If the items that I ordered are not "In Stock" a simple email to let me know with the possible option of canceling the order or waiting would go a long way to avoid unhappy customers.

I am familiar with the USPS DELIVERY CONFIRMATION as I have shipped and received many items via USPS.

I have opened a Dispute with Paypal and have also been in contact with the USPS to see if the package that the shipping label was made for was ever received. The USPS person gave me a confirmation number for my case and should be back in contact with me when they confirm whether the package was ever delivered to the post office.

My order number is: 11048-25-96564 & USPS delivery confirmation number is: 9101 7850 9140 1889 4375 02.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

·
Registered
214 Posts
ge2 said:
Simply ridiculous.
I can see that you wanted to post more than anything. We had made a post ahead of time stating that a) phones won't be answered for a few weeks, and b) email support is limited at best. There are also a few other posts stating my user name and personal email address. NEITHER of which were used in the resolution of your problem. I think that this is a clear indication of your intent here.

Not having the resources to answer the phone or respond to an email clearly shows our stance of wanting to take care of the customers that we have and those who exclusively use our automated ordering via the website. It's quite thorough and includes current stock and shipping information. Right now 14 out of 15 orders ship within 24hrs, most the same day.

While I appreciate your opinions towards business, I to doubt that you've experienced a 3 fold increase in web sales (political reasons) followed by the loss of your dedicated customer service rep. While I'd be more than happy to hire someone to handle customer support, our Wal-Mart is currently out of stock on quality knowledgeable employees.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice..... and about what I expected. Kudos.

Not sure what you think my 'true' intention was, aside from sending you money for some of your products.

If you expect people to contact you in ways other than those specified on 1) your website, and 2) your voicemail message, then you should probably make it a bit easier.

Good luck. And I'll expect a full refund when I send you my order back (assuming it really does show up).

Fortunately, you've offered a 100% money back guarantee. Thanks for that.

MagazineParts Satisfaction Guarantee
We guarantee your satisfaction with every product we sell. If you’re unhappy with any product you order from our site, simply return it within 30 days to receive a full refund. Rest easy and enjoy the benefits of our hassle-free return policy!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I too have sent emails, made phone calls, used your web page contact form and sent you pm's on this sites message board. I have not gotten a response from you.

Order # 90601-42-83771 placed on January 20th.

I have taken this up with PayPal, perhaps you will respond to them.

regards, jw

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, still haven't received my order and the only response I have gotten from Magazine Parts through Paypal is this on 6 Feb 2009:

2/6/2009 02:03 PST - Seller: Hello Richard, we're showing the package was shipped already. We're closed until Monday afternoon, and will look into it if it hasn't showed up. Thanks!

I escalated my dispute to a claim through Paypal on 9 Feb 2009 as I never heard back from Magazine Parts on Monday.

On 10 Feb 2009 I spent forty five minutes on the phone with the U.S. Post office. The person I spoke with tried calling Magazine Parts and sent them an email as well. The post office is saying that there is no way that the package was ever delivered to them as it would have surely past a scanner in the twenty days since the label was produced.

After talking with the Post Office at length about the situation I feel that Magazine Parts is taking the orders then producing a shipping label before any parts are packaged or ready to ship. According to the person I spoke with this is considered fraud by the post office and I was directed to file a complaint through the OIG website.

If the parts are on back order ( When I place my order everything showed to be "In Stock") a simple email to let the customer know this would take care of a lot of the problem. Having an attitude that "We are busy" and "its in the mail" doesn't cut it. They take your money (I know its only $100.47) then leave you waiting for weeks wondering whats going on.

I will keep you posted if I ever hear from Magazine Parts or actually receive what I ordered on the 18th of Jan.

·
Registered
50 Posts
*******UPDATE*******

I received a package today (Saturday) from MagParts. It is missing the two Walther P22/G22 + 3 Magazine followers. The packing slip doesn't say "Back Ordered" so I'm not sure if they forgot to put them in the envelope or they are currently "Out of Stock". Hopefully everyone that is waiting on an order will get it soon. If you are waiting on an order make sure to send a private message to Thermallator with all of your order information and he can help look into what is going on with your order. Everything else that I ordered arrived and looks good. I am looking forward to getting the P22 Magazine followers.

Thanks Thermallator, Shipwreck & FN Forum

·
Registered
66 Posts
ffrich, Mike Hammer contacted me and made a genourous offer (adding additional merchandise at no cost) to fulfill my original order. Through correspondance with Mike I revised the order to items that were in stock and I received them yesterday, the parts are top quality as advertised.

I believe Mike has great products and is just swamped, as he and others have indicated,due to the "Obama Panic" that is evident in every gun and ammo store in my area (greater Houston). I hope he makes it through this without too much of a bad rap from unresponsiveness to order queries. Prompt communication would go a long way toward keeping complaints down and customers happy.....

Mike, I hope you make it through this and get your order inquery issues ironed out. Your products are fairly priced, of top quality and from my experience you are a stand up guy.

Best of luck, jw

1 - 20 of 34 Posts